Need help reading IR picturres

MJ South Window-15 mph South Wind-02-22.bmp (1010.7 KB)
Grn Room-North double-hung-no wind-02-2022.bmp (1010.7 KB)
Green Living Room 2-East window no wind - 02-22.bmp (1010.7 KB)
Grn Room 3-North double-hung-west wind-02-2022.bmp (1010.7 KB)
Green Living Room- 10mph SE wind - 02-22.bmp (1010.7 KB)
I have a client that asked me to interpret some IR pics that he took with a borrowed camera. He had a reputable window company install several windows in his house but is feeling drafts on cold windy days and having trouble convincing the company of the problem and they have been out several times with no helpful results. So, he took these pics and wanted me to interpret them to make sure he had something good to send them. I’m not trained on this but my guess is the dark blue is cold/wet areas that could be representing the drafts.
What’s the trick to posting pictures here? Ha, I think I figured it out.

Hi Paul. I don’t think you have enough information here to get useful feedback.
My advice is to tell your friend to hire a qualified person to go to the house and inspect the windows and give him the information he needs.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Or call the window company and request a representative to come out and verify the integrity of the windows and installation. Don’t forget to mention the “Warranty” word!!

3 Likes

Without any other supporting info, those pictures are basically worthless. It’s like saying “I think my dog is sick, what do you guys think?”

dog

8 Likes

Check her/his right ear, Ryan. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s hot. Really hot. She’s a good listener.

1 Like

Constipated?

dog

2 Likes

Good eye, Thomas. :grin:

2 Likes

Probably. The good dog food is expensive nowadays. Especially on a home inspector’s salary.

3 Likes

Tell me about it…Try feeding a Newfoundland dog, plus two others! :smiley:

3 Likes

Yep. Pets aren’t cheap, lol. We have 2 dogs and a half dozen cats or so (all outdoors) and the food barrel goes down fast.

1 Like

We have one outdoor cat. He keeps himself fed. :smiley:

1 Like

That’s how we started, lol. But the cat duplicated a few times and the “natural” food became scarce. Now I have to supplement but I still try to keep em “hunting.”

1 Like

Our cat is neutered. A stray appears once in a while, but he shows them who’s boss, and there’s only enough mice and squirrels for him, etc…lol

1 Like

I agree with you…

2 Likes

I don’t see any dark blue spots on your dog. I would think that has some meaning.

It may be warmer than its surroundings.

Take a good IR class. You won’t regret it.

1 Like

Would it mean she just got done licking that spot? Would it mean that reflections were causing the brighter spots and that her real temp is the dark blue spot? Would it mean she just took a drink of water and splashed a bit on herself? Would it mean that I just got done petting her everywhere but the blue spot? Would it mean she is sick?

That’s just it. Without knowing any of the other variables, the picture doesn’t tell us much.

Like I said, he had the window company out several times and and they did some corrections but he can’t seem to get the drafting issue resolved so he is sending these pics to them and wanted advice if these were good to send or not. I’m not an IR guy and don’t wanna be. I told him I would put them on the forum to get some feed back. I didn’t learn anything about the pics but I know a lot about everyone’s pets now.

4 Likes

LOL. Sorry bout that.

There just isn’t much anyone can decipher with the limited information.

1 Like