Need help with a term.

Sorry I don’t have a picture at the moment, but what is name for the ceramic/porcelain “knob” that is attached to the side of houses to hold the service drop in place when there is no mast? My brain is drawing a blank.


It’s called a…ceramic/porcelain “knob”:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have always heard them called nail-knob insulators.

Agree, Insulator.

Shucks, I liked ceramic/porcelain “knob”:grin: :grin: :grin:

Heh Heh Heh…Jae said “KNOB” :mrgreen:

Thanks folks! I think I’ll go with insulator, (even if Jae did like ceramic/porcelain “knob” :smiley: ).

I changed my mind — “I have always heard them called nail-knob insulators”
—I like Carolyn’s phrase better, now…:cool: :cool:

After thinking about it…I like** Carolyn** better. Period…:smiley: :smiley:

“Point Of Attachment” sometimes works.

Or this case: ceramic/porcelain “knob” Point of Attachment.



It is called a Clevis.

:p:twisted::wink: I need a blushing girlie smiley;):twisted::stuck_out_tongue: