Need help

Originally Posted By: dfrend
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

OK, I need an electricians help here. We are buying a HUD house and I just found out that an electric line out back is cut somhow, but not completely. Now, if it is from the mast out to the pole it is not our problem, the power company will handle. If it is the service drop between the mast and the meter it is our responsiblity and must be done in the next two weeks.

My question is easy. I need a rough estimate assuming it is just the 20 foot or so service line attached to the house with a cut in an easy eare to reach. No access issues or anything. Any help would be appreciated. Also, any electricians in the Baltimore area?????? ![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store
www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: jsavino

Daniel

I believe, from the pole to the point of attachment is the responsibility of the power co. From the mast to the meter pan is your responsibility.

Hope it’s the other way around.

Sorry I can't help with an estimate.

--
John Savino
HomeWorks Inspection Services, LLC
St. James, NY

you are right. BGE tld me that. I just need to see how much they are gonna want to repair this before closing. And we only have 2 weeks icon_confused.gif

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

Originally Posted By: jsavino

They won’t replace the service, only do a repair? icon_eek.gif

John Savino

HomeWorks Inspection Services, LLC

St. James, NY

Originally Posted By: aslimack

Around here, its usually about $1200.00 or so to replace the service. This includes from after the connection to the house to and including the main service panel. I believe the breakdown here is in the $500 range for the cable attachment to the main service panel. I think the additional $700 is for the replacement of the main service panel. I’m sure these estimates vary greatly, depending on location of equipment, geographic location, etc. Hope that helps.

Adam

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Adam is correct. The SE cable replacement (only) with no upgrades in Service Amps (in my area) is roughly $500.00.

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: sspradling

Daniel, I’m pretty sure it will vary by area, but in Port Charlotte, FL I worked several claims with the service line from the pole torn off and the mast broken. The range for electrical repairs was 675-800. This includes new service lines and mast. Hope this helps.

Stu

As it turns out, the power company is responsible for this line. Thanks all. icon_biggrin.gif

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store