Need Qucik advise To release or not to release?

I’ve worked for a number of attorneys and all have said, “Do not distribute my report. Not even to my agent.”

All were adamant about this.

Maybe there is more to their interpretation of the law than I understand.

Intresting. Had an inspection last week and the client was an attorney. Did not want his agent to get the report either.

I have run into this many times. When the client is signing the contract, the Realtor asks for a copy. I respond that if the client agrees, and signs, no problem. The client agrees and signs the release.

Later, when we are walking out, of within 5 minutes of my driving away, the client talks to me (or calls me) and tells me to disregard the release.

This has put me in opposition to many Realtors. I just explain that I have no authorization, from the client, to release the report. I tell them to talk to the client.

Sometimes the client calls back, angry that I told the Realtor to call them. I just explain, “Hey, I didn’t give them a copy, just as you told me. If you didn’t want them to have a copy why didn’t you tell them yourself?”

I have never gotten an explaination.

Seems like a childish thing to do. Clients. Go figure.

Often times the clients do not like their agent but are deep enough in getting ready to purchase that they would rather just leave well enough alone.
In my young career I have been told several times in front of the agent that I can send them a copy.
Lucky I have read between the lines and called to confirm before sending a copy.
Simple fact of the matter is that the client simply need stroke a key in order to send that PDF moving along to the next target with out an assistance from me.

I overhear Buyer’s agents always asking my client for a copy of their home inspection report. I don’t have a problem with that. That’s why I supply my client with two copies.

What happens to the report after I hand it to my client, is their business. My client purchased my report and they can do as they please with the report. I could care less what happens to the report after I hand it to my client.

If the client is not on-site, simply get their permission to hand it over to third parties. Permission by email would be suffice.