Need to know????

** THE GREAT CLIMATE CHANGE RETREAT **

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/1/285x214/158214_1.jpg

**A key scientist has conceded that there has been no “statistically significant” rise since 1995 **

Monday February 15,2010
**By Ed Price **

THERE has been no global warming for 15 years, a key scientist admitted yesterday in a major U-turn.

Professor Phil Jones, who is at the centre of the “Climategate” affair, conceded that there has been no “statistically significant” rise in temperatures since 1995.
The admission comes as new research casts serious doubt on temperature records collected around the world and used to support the global warming theory.
Researchers said yesterday that warming recorded by weather stations was often caused by local factors rather than global change.

**MAIL ON SUNDAY COMMENT: The professor’s amazing climate change retreat

Data: Professor Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is ‘not as good as it should be’

Untold billions of pounds have been spent on turning the world green and also on financing the dubious trade in carbon credits.

Countless gallons of aviation fuel have been consumed carrying experts, lobbyists and politicians to apocalyptic conferences on global warming.
Every government on Earth has changed its policy, hundreds of academic institutions, entire school curricula and the priorities of broadcasters and newspapers all over the world have been altered – all to serve the new doctrine that man is overheating the planet and must undertake heroic and costly changes to save the world from drowning as the icecaps melt.
You might have thought that all this was based upon well-founded, highly competent research and that those involved had good reason for their blazing, hot-eyed certainty and their fierce intolerance of dissent.
But, thanks to the row over leaked emails from the Climatic Research Unit, we now learn that this body’s director, Phil Jones, works in a disorganised fashion amid chaos and mess.
Interviewed by the highly sympathetic BBC, which still insists on describing the leaked emails as ‘stolen’, Professor Jones has conceded that he ‘did not do a thorough job’ of keeping track of his own records.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1250813/MAIL-ON-SUNDAY-COMMENT-The-professors-amazing-climate-change-retreat.html#ixzz0fonFhSHf

The whole charade is collapsing. It is probably proof that no government can keep a secret for long. Sooner or later someone speaks and the truth comes out. Now for the grassy noll and area 57 and . . . . .

**Lovelock: ‘We can’t save the planet’
Professor James Lovelock, the scientist who developed Gaia theory, has said it is too late to try and save the planet.

The man who achieved global fame for his theory that the whole earth is a single organism now believes that we can only hope that the earth will take care of itself in the face of completely unpredictable climate change.

Interviewed by Today presenter John Humphrys, videos of which you can see below, he said that while the earth’s future was utterly uncertain, mankind was not aware it had “pulled the trigger” on global warming as it built its civilizations.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8594000/8594561.stm

At the age of 90, Prof Lovelock is resigned to his own fate and the fate of the planet. Whether the planet saves itself or not, he argues, all we can do is to “enjoy life while you can”.

All-knowing and always correct:

Please explain this to me:

No global warming effect by humans? Just natural variations?

Up here in Canada, we are about to experience some record high temps again this weekend. I used to see new record highs being set by fractions of a degree but in March, for sure, some were 6-8* Celsius higher records. Just natural variations, you say.

The original folks purporting acelerating warming predicted more extreme weather events such as these. Could they be correct or just plain chance? Seeing more of these 1-in-100 year events just years or even months apart. Enlighten me!!!

Hey George have you seen this scam yet,
http://www.bullfrogpower.com/ some fools actually WANT to pay more for electricity. It will happen anyway as long as Dalton is in charge

“BULL FROG POWER”

Well they got the “bull” part right. As long as you are willing to buy into the farce of “man made global warming” I guess it makes sense. But as soon as you start to actually look at the whole big lie instead of following like a sheep, it falls apart.

By the way, Brian, what is happening outside your window is called “weather”. You cannot base the future of the planet’s economy on today’s weather forecast. Unless you are Al Gore of course. :D:roll:

Well, talk to the folks in Rhode Island about “weather”. When the weather is getting real extreme on a more regular basis…like they haven’t seen this for 200 years or more. What actual scientific records did they keep 200 years ago. What we have was anecdotal or things like journal entries. Yes we had a large flood 200 years ago but how severe was it compared to today.

BTW, George, some of the “junk science” debunkers used to work for the tobacco industry when they were trying to save their a-sses from emerging scientific truths like “smoking causes some major health problems”. Remeber, the cig companies own research was suppressed to keep sales up.

I prefer to err on the safe side of this one, that something other than natural variation is occuring also…this we can do something about. We don’t need the two pigy-backed to the point we’re going to being constantly fixing/cleaning up after something that could have been avoided in the first place.

This is what’s happening with species extinction. Do you also agree that we should not be spending money to save the last black rhinocerous’, elephants, snow leopards, right whales…the list is long. Just kill and use’em 'til their gone…what’s the famous lines…

"And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

There, I guess we have permission to screw this earth…now let’s proceed to make $$$$$ on this god-given right.

All right!!! All right!!! All Right!! Good ole open market laws of supply and demand at work…just like Adam Smith wrote a couple centuries ago…“laissez-faire” economics…leave me alone until until I harvest 'til it’s all gone and my job is gone and…then what…blame the gov for not protecting me from myself…and then ask the gov to make me a job or save my house and family.

Talk to the fishing families of Newfoundland still waiting for the cod to return after 15 years of virtually no fishing there. Thanks to the good ole Conservative boy from back home, John Crosby, for not jumping in when necessary. He set catch limits like “catch 1/2 the annually decreasing tonnage of the year before”…See how this quickly goes from 5 million tons/year to zilch (especially when we now have radar to find them)!!..great conservation plan…now they’re blaming the seals for eating all the cod!!! Short-sighted…no sh-t!!!

The other scam also is: for a mere $100,000 you can have a 30,000 solar panel system in your yard, the government (us) will pay you up to .80 cents per kwh you send into the grid and then sell it back to us at .05 cents per kwh. UUHHHHH where does the other .75 cents come from?? Even a knuckledragging redneck conservative like me can see that's a bad deal. That 24 billion deficit is a joke compared to what we will have if this keeps going. I’m all for alternative power, but these schemes the liberals come up with are classic.

Where do you get these #'s from?

BRIAN - VALIUM.

Nobody is suggesting that it is OK to watch endangered species die. However it is stupid to demand that if we spend money to save them we must also support this lie of man made global warming. And how you managed to tie John Crosby to man made global warming is a mystery or was that just a “straw man”?

Brian:

http://solar.coolerplanet.com/News/9032401-ontario-to-pay-up-to-.80-per-kw-hour-for-green-power.aspx

http://microfit.powerauthority.on.ca/pdf/microFIT-Program-Overview.pdf

It’s about $100,000 to set this system up, usually 8 panels with proper pedestals etc. and all the right equipment to hook into the grid. Payback is about $15,000 per year.And you still have a hydro bill. For $30,000 I can set myself up with solar, wind, batteries, inverter and 12kw generator for back up and cut the wires to hydro for good. These microfit systems just remind me too much of kyoto and any other usekess money sucking scheme.

I forgot also, the $24 billion deficit is admited by Dalton himself so it is likely closer to $40 billion

HHMMMM!! 2 year payback sounds like a good deal…then you make a lot of extra $$$$$$$ each year. You should be able to sell your system on the open market easily. Sounds like a winner. Are you going to do it??

I didn’t link your friend Mr. Crosby to global warming…just an analogy of how our previous governments dealt with issues- They basically tried to negate the facts and/or not upset the apple cart (read: DO LITTLE OR NOTHING). Where did that get us?-depleted resources. Same thing happening with “good” wood resources in the Maritimes. Irving, based in NB, is now harvesting wood in Maine and NS.

Do you believe that all “global warming” scientists are fudging the #'s?

Recent high temp records set:
My old home town in Northern NB set a daily high for April 2/3 of *11+C in 2008; it set a new record high of 21-22*C over the recent holiday weekend. As I said earlier, records are not being set in fractions of a degree anymore!

Another analogy:

If the world track record for the mile went from 3:43 min to 3:25 in one race or the 100 meters from 9.58 sec to 8.25 sec, the sports world would be so shocked that claims of fraud/drug use/etc would be rampant. But new extreme weather records within a few years of each other are no problem, right???

Listen to the longtime Arctic reseacher who noted a change in the type of Artic sea ice he’s seeing. From satellite pictures/radar, things didn’t look too bad until they sailed up and into it…something they could not do before…it wasn’t solid ice pack but more like crystalline structure holding air!! This guy doesn’t need more research funds as is regularly claimed by junk science aficionados…judging by his age he’s soon close to retirement!!

It would be a good deal for the $30.000 system, there isn’t much excess to send back into the grid, it’s the government (us) subsidized $100,000 system that gives the 15,000 payback. My problem with this is: they pay 80 cents kwh and sell it for 5 cents, where is the 75 cents difference coming from? I thought this was a great idea at first, and no one can give me answers.

The same place every government subsidy comes from.

The taxpayers.

Exactly, we were subsidized in Ontario for many years by the taxpayers for hydro, most of us not knowing the true cost of electricity. When it wasn’t subsidized any longer our rates more than doubled and we are paying a percentage for debt reducion. We pay about 5 cents kwh for the power it’s self, when you add in the taxes and ridiculous service charges, we pay about 12 cents. My average monthly bill is $300, more if I turn a light on…

There were always voices in the wilderness saying we weren’t paying the true cost of electricity. But since they weren’t mainstream and in the press (green groups, Tree huggers,etc) but nobody listened to them!! Mega-projects buy VOTES…I call these “** Monuments to our huge longterm debt**”

We just got the provincial GST bumped up 2% yesterday in the budget by the new NDP governmant here…and I’m glad we did. Hope these guys make us “bite the bullet”, which the last conservative gov didn’t. They reduced the tax by 2% while the debt went up. They bought us with our own $$$$$…reduce taxes when we really shouldn’t but h-ell we need the votes at any cost…just the anecdotal “bottle of rum” in another form.

About 3 elections ago, the NDP (I usually vote NDP or Liberal) tried the Conservative trick of promising a tax decrease also. That immediately meant I would not vote for them. BTW, the Consrvatives did get in but soon announced they would not be giving us the promised decrease…That premier didn’t hang around for long!!!

Another BTW: Checking the political history of Ontario, I notice Conservatives ruled during the explosive growth period from 1950 to 1985 and another 7 or so years since 1985. It was during the 60’s to 1985 period that most of your mega-generating capacity was built or begun building. Why didn’t they tell the truth?

I am familiar with these 10kw systems that are advertised in Ontario and looking at all the information if someone had the $80, 000 to invest its a great deal. You agree to purchase this system, lets say you re mortgage your house to do so and now you have a $160 000 mortgage (just hypothetically) . you purchase and install sign a 20yr contract with Ontario power authority that hydro will pay you 80 cent kwh for an income of lets say $13 000 annually to be on the safe side then you are making $1080 a month. Give yourself a $1000 mortgage payment at 6% your house will be payed off in 20yrs. your mortgage free for the next 20yrs. This sounds like a good deal to me, and one i may take advantage of.