Neutral Insulation spliced/split

How would you handle spliced/split insulation on a neutral conductor within main panel? See picture.

I would simply state that the insulation is damaged on a grounded conductor inside the panel.

It could be repaired with tape or simply cut and a new piece spliced on. As Chuck stated just report it and let the sparky figure it out. :smiley: