Nevada

Originally Posted By: rray
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

This from one of our new franchises in Nevada:

Nevada, how lovely. I can't get licensed until i take a 40 hour class to teach me how to be a home inspector. Then they tell me that i have to have 25 logged inspections under a licensed master inspector in the state of Nevada. Now you try and find a competitor willing to let you do 25 inspections with him knowing that I will be his competition.

It seems that Nevada passed this law long before they researched whether or not they had any one willing to train new licensees. They sold me a CD that has all of the master inspectors that are able to help me with the 25 inspections, but none of them want to help me. they have all the qualifications, they just won't do it. I don't blame them either. i wouldn't train some new competition and help them out. this law just passed last october. the lady at the state dept. said that they are all about ready to pull their hair out because of it.
Unquote

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: Richard Stanley

Same type of thing happened in Texas until State decided to change the qualifications to become licensed without a sponsor. Buyers were back logged a couple of weeks or more waiting to get an inspection. Option periods on contracts were not that long. Anyway, now there are alot of inspectors here.

Originally Posted By: Mike Kimball

I am running into the same thing. How did u overcome it?

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

icon_question.gif

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: Mike Kimball

Is there a NV Chapter?

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Mike: http://www.nachi.org/form.htm

Nick