New 3D logo today in my downtime

I had some downtime today so figured I would dust off my 3D modeling skills from a previous career and make up a 3D logo. I like it so far but feel like it is still missing something. Just can’t put my finger on it though.

9 Likes

Ryan, it’s clearly missing proper ventilation for the roof system. Might want to add that before you get any unwanted microbial growth! :laughing:

On a serious note though I would say it looks good just a little bottom heavy. Needs a built up roof line or something as it looks like its missing. Hope that helps, good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you Michael! I was kinda leaning that way too. It’s just hard to do while trying to keep it fairly simple. I have to work on it more.

1 Like

Understood, maybe get rid of the blue frame and extend the IT as the full house body. You can then still add a window and the top cord of the letters would present better as a defined roof line.

2 Likes

What do you want to do with it?

Nothing in particular. Probably use it in facebook posts and what not. Just wanted to use some 3D software for old times sake, lol.

2 Likes

Maybe add a brick chimney. Looks cool though.:+1:

4 Likes

I like that idea Michael. I will try that and see how it goes!

2 Likes

Partial front door?

4 Likes

I think it is cool. But, it needs some life. Chimney was a good idea. How about a dog or plant sitting on the “porch”

3 Likes

looks awesome.

3 Likes

Chimney and a door between the I and T

2 Likes

The windows need shutters.

1 Like

Hi Ryan. Very creative and we’ll done. IMO the lettering / wording in the base is a bit " clumsy" - it does not “flow” as you read it. That is what stops my eye with it. Great work - you are Blessed with many talents.

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback. Some great ideas here. I did have a door between the I and T but it looked a little busy so I removed it. May have to revisit it though. I really like the plant and dog idea too.

Thanks Robert. The lettering is definitely still a bit clumsy and the part I have modified the most to try and get to look right.

The lighting effect on “Home Inspection” does not match “InfoTec” or vice versa. I personally like the way Info Tec looks. The" Home Inspection" looks kind of dull, maybe a different color

I agree as others have said, Chimney, plant, dog or stairs leading up.
Keep us updated on you revisions.

1 Like

I like it, here are some thoughts.

Extend the gray base to form a porch then add the roof over the IT and create a covered porch. Great place for the dog and plant.

Porch swing between I and T.

Door where the window is.

Wow Great Job!!

Looks cool. Do you need the “IT” since it isn’t really part of your name or identity? then just put an actual house on the pedestal above the name. Good luck