new construction monitoring

Originally Posted By: staylor
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I’m in the process of offering new construction monitoring. I have some questions for inspectors already offering this service.

1.How do you base your fee structure; per insp., package, etc.

2.How do you handle conflict resolution with builders,clients, bldg depts?

3. Scheduling, Do you require the client to notify you or will the builder?

4.Do you have a p.i.a, and if yes, how does it differ from a standard resale p.i.a.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Taylor
Taylor Inspection Services, Inc.

Originally Posted By: jburkeson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Steve Taylor wrote:
I'm in the process of offering new construction monitoring. I have some questions for inspectors already offering this service.
1.How do you base your fee structure; per insp., package, etc.

We provide a total cost and break it out by inspection. Normally there are 4-phases (pre-pour, pre-insulation, final punch & warranty inspections) and each inspection is invoiced individually, payment is expected upon delivery of the written report for that phase.

Quote:
2.How do you handle conflict resolution with builders,clients, bldg depts?

We have yet to have conflict with the AHJ, normally the builders will comply with any violations uncovered, if threatened with getting the AHJ involved. Mostly builders want to do the right thing and we help quality control issues pertaining to their subs.

Quote:
3. Scheduling, Do you require the client to notify you or will the builder?

We work strictly for the client and require them to provide us with the builders schedule.

Quote:
4.Do you have a p.i.a, and if yes, how does it differ from a standard resale p.i.a.

We use a modified ITA PIA (contract not the forms), you may purchase a copy here... http://www.home-inspect.com/forms/predrywall.html

Hope this was helpful,

Joe Burkeson.

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn