New, flat-rate, no-haggle, vendor affiliate program.

Be back later this evening. Go to go talk to North America’s pre-eminent Building Scientist, Joe Lstiburek. He’s been brought into this province by my old gov dept on a regular basis since 1984 to give one day sessions in trade schools and/or speak at the regular ENERhouse 2 day conference.

Oh, so every Org has inspectors who have disgruntled clients.

From the above post, it seemed you were impliing that inspectors from the only org that you haven’t been to court against, were the only ones with disgruntled clients.

:pCONGRATULATIONS![FONT=Arial]:p****[/FONT]

It looks like a fine program!

I actually used to get less than 1 call a year against HI’s in my area. The new franchisor using INACHI “certification” has sold most of its franchises in the last 15-16 months, corresponding to the 3 calls I have had!! So help me here on my assumption by the emperic method: NACHI “certified” HI’s increase in my area, calls with complaints against NACHI “certified” HI’s go up (with no recent calls against other HI’s) therefore:

(1) there’s nothing amiss with the scenario; happens all the time
(2) INACHI members get the worst complaining home buyers
(3) A correlation seems to be developing (I’m implying)
(4) this a big fluke

E&O insurance underwriter actuaries disagree with you Brian, and they have to put their money where their mouth is… and do. There is a reason InterNACHI members get the exclusive E&O insurance deals, and you non-members have to pay more.

Most of those sanctioned here by the State board are not affiliated, second most complaints are against the ASHI guys.
http://www.btr.state.az.us/general/disciplinary_info.asp

Why is that? I do not know, but I am sure someone could spin it any way they wanted.

Ah, proof is nice to see. Any proof Brian M?

I couldn’t tell who were ashi, nahi, nachi, so I’ll leave it to BK’s judgement. I wonder what the ratio of inspectors of each org working in AZ are and are the disciplinary #'s out of proportion to the actual HI #'s?

We don’t have licensing here so the #'s I quote are what I have dealt with. I don’t know if other HI’s /litigators have any other instances of complaints.

We have about 14-15 NACHI here…23-24 CAPHI…No ASHI…probably 8-10+ non-affiliated. The proportion of calls against the new NACHI HI’s received by myself is proportionately high…That’s all I can say!!

And 3-4 early NACHI members are now out of business or haven’t re-joined…Nickey could easily do a database search to confirm this!!

That doesn’t appear to be the case in Ontario. Maybe state side but not up here.

I think it’s funny you had to back peddle a little from your previous posts, and then gave “facts” (he, he, he! WINK- try and use your imagination about the facts part) that no one could verify. Is it me or is it that I have never posted anything on an ASHI, Nahi, ect. board becuse I am happy where I am. I don’t act like a child and try to destroy something that I am not a part of. It would be a wonderful virtue (again) if we all could practice “if you don’t have anything nice to say, then keep the your pie hole shut” and/or “it is better to be thought of a fool, than to open your mouth, and remove all doubt.” Was this trip REALLY necessary? If you’re not part of the org. anymore, then try not to worry about things that have nothing to do with you anymore. Remember, you left for a reason? No whurry up and leave so we can start missing you!

Oh my gosh. I forgot. I surely hope I don’t get a red square, from a secret someone. I will be forced to leave this orginazation for the complete outrage of my own doing, then start posting bad, mean, hurtful (mostly anoying) posts in a false name. THEN, complain about how disenfranchised I am from the orginazation that I left of my own free will. NAH, I’m having too much fun being part of the “controversial” diploma mill factory that has a bunch of blind idiots that couldn’t inspect an ant hill compaired to those elite inspector diploma mill factorys!

As to selling InterNACHI certifications to non-inspector realtors… that particular situation is about to be rectified.

ESOP fielded two specific, filed complaints by members.

An ESOP member was chartered with investigating and formulating a solution.

Nick was notified. He is willing to do whatever ESOP decides.

I believe an amicable solution/disposition/policy is being rolled out, as we speak.