New Form

Cool. Please do not send them the measurements of clips unless they ask or you feel it is off substantially. I really do not want the pricks behind the desks expecting that on every form. :smiley:

Pretty Please if that will help :slight_smile:

Nice setup Jay. I know many times I really could have used that an extension for the camera.

Bert

Thank you!

It also does a great job of pulling back the Insulation.

I’ve done over a couple hundred Wind Mits and just started using the new form last week. Only minor difference in terms of extra work is you have to count the openings, but you no longer have to show wall construction. I guess the other difference is the roof perimeter versus the wall perimeter when determining hip versus non-hip. Again, the counties I handle have a building foot print on their web sites and you can calculate the roof perimeter by using the over hang width. I have found that I take 3’ strides and can accurately walk off distances as well.

Like on the old form, I always show a sketch of the roof shape if it’s a non-hip roof, or if there is multiple shapes. I also use Google earth to cut and past the satellite view if it’s available. It’s now required on the new form as I remember, I could be wrong on that one.

Wow, looks like we have Mr Gadget in our midst! Would you share some photos you have taken with that set up?

The 14 mp 5x is good for the home inspection pics, but something more is needed for these inspections.
Then again, one inspection pays for a new camera, so, you have to spend money to make money!

Richard,

Please do not take this the wrong way as it is not meant to embarrass you but to help you from looking bad to your customers.

You may be doing them all wrong if you are calling the photo I showed you a wrap or strap. As per the new form it is useless. It is neither. What appears to be a nail on the bottom of the truss nearest the metal plate is “NOT” a nail. I have brought this up a few times because quite a few folks think it is. This will cause major problems as you and a great many others will be calling this a wrap and people will be getting credits they do not deserve by definition of the new form. I doubt many insurance folks even understand this issue.

Good luck and feel free to contact me anytime you have any questions.

Looked like a nail and thought you said it was a nail. sorry. If that’s only two nails, (one on each side) then it’s a toenail and no credit. It helps to have a photo you can blow up.

The first thing you need to do is provide accurate pictures.
The pictures are not of the same truss end.

The top nail in the second picture terminates at the joint of the truss.

Correct good eye. Not same truss end but is how that “nothing” is.

I bet more people think and will call that 3 nails then will not.

Wanna bet this is a huge problem?

How many calls do you think you will get from agents and clients who do not listen at the time of the inspection when they find out they will get NO roof to wall discount?

Eric,

Curious, how could you tell it was not the same truss?

The bottom chord grain is different

I looked where the nails went through the chord.
The one nail comes through at the joint where the two chords meet. There is a nail that comes through under the strap which might put it at the same level as the questionable nail. If I recall, weren’t most of those rivets made of the same material as the clip tray?

often yes but that is a rivet.

It that were the other side what would you call that hypothetical picture?

If you get the facts correctly, none of the rest of it matters. That is the whole purpose of the picture requirement.
If there is question, you had better get a clear picture.

There is no hypothetical about it.
If there are two or more nails coming through one side and one on the other it is at a minimum, a clip.
If the strap goes over the truss and is embedded in the bond-beam, it is a single wrap.

I think that gaps between straps isn’t really going to be an issue…at least not yet.

So if you were on who wants to be a millionaire and you had to guess what would you say about the picture that the strap comes out of the wall. based on your experience. You only get to see that one side and you guess correct you get a million. Whats your guess? Based on the new forms definition.

Just looking at the picture, I see a strap that goes over the truss. I see what I am pretty sure, is one nail in the top hole. I see what I know for sure is a nail coming through from the other side. I see, what could be a nail or a rusted rivet on the bottom portion of the strap.
I cannot tell, with certainty, what it is.

I would have to answer with either toe nails(Metal connectors that do not meet the minimal conditions or requirements of B, C, or D), or unknown.

Either answer will not give anyone credits, but unless I can say for sure and prove it, I have no choice.

Conversely, you see a strap that goes over the truss, one with one nail, and you see the nail head and, two nails coming through from the other side.

Is it a single wrap as per the form?

as per form = squat

My opinion is it should be at least the same as a clip but my opinion does not matter.

I call that photo 2 nails and one rivet. But I was there in person.

Do you think many underwriters have a clue on this one?

Pizza time :slight_smile:

Catch you all later.