New free online inspector exam. Interactive learning tool.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

username and passwords. It is a new exam. You have to register for it.

Nick

Originally Posted By: Rusty Rothrock

Nick -

I just love your Clint Eastwood idea... a virtual reality tour of a house to be inspected. I can visualize exactly what you are talking about. There could be 100's of very specific areas of a house (both inside and out) to click on and an actual picture (supplied by our library of pictures that we inspectors should be sending in) would come up (enlarged on the screen) with a written explanation along with it. The explanation would include things to look out for, why the damage is being caused, suggested course of repair, etc.

This would be a fantastic training tool. No other inspection organization has anything along these lines. Have you had a chance to talk to Chris about this concept ?.

Again, excellent idea.

Best Regards,
Rusty Rothrock
Richmond, VA

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

The concept, though daunting, isn’t difficult in theory. It’ll probably be a while before we can get something like this in the works, but its really just a matter of finding the right pictures. I’ve worked out something of the database structure for it already.

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://q5Cnzuia6xGP79hgWTbUnJwRLsJ.html)

Originally Posted By: rking

Hi Everyone!

I have yet to take the exam, I will right after this, but I just wanted to comment on the referenced material idea. Up here in frosty ole Canada ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) a lot of our codes and indeed building practices are different. Heck what is and is not allowed changes from one building department to the next even though there is a standard Provincial building code!
If I were to go to say Califonia or Arizona I would be screwed up before I even began an inspection because the vapour barrier is on the outside of the building! Up here we have thermal layers to keep us warm ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)
I will go try that exam now.

--
Muskoka Home Inspections
"Wisdom is the Anticipation of the Consequences"
Steering Committee Member At Large

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Robert:

I agree.

That is what's wrong with exams that use single reference sources to derive "code" or "geographically regional" questions.

I wasn't going to mention any but what the heck: NHIE

Nick

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Good test, thought provoking and more difficult than the first test I took, but nowhere near as grueling as the NEHI. My score, 88 in 20 minutes.

Thanks Nick.

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: rking

I agree, thanks Nick.

But, I really do not find it a lot different than the other one. In fact I scored a 96 on this one and 92 was my higher of two on the other one.

However, I am really looking forward to the interactive house inspection, now that will be the real challenge!

I can’t wait! Keep up the good work NACHI!

Muskoka Home Inspections

“Wisdom is the Anticipation of the Consequences”

Steering Committee Member At Large