Well, as expected and predicted there is another coalition started in the State of New Hampshire. These coalitions are beginning to multiply like fruit flies. Illinois, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Florida, and now New Hampshire. I expect to hear from Missouri, Washington and Ohio, next.
[FONT=Arial]Brief highlights of the proposed bill are:
· Minimum of 80 hours of education,
· Pass the National Home Inspector exam or equivalent,
o Initial applicants will probably have 2 years to pass the test
· 20 hours per year of continuing education,
o Most national HI organizations already require this
· No grandfathering clause- everyone is treated equally,
· No apprenticeship requirements.
Home Inspector Board:
· Board has rulemaking authority,
· Comprised of 5 members (4 home inspectors, 1 public member),
· Disciplinary authority.