New home inspection process

Overheard a Realtor explaining the home inspection process to a buyer today.

The buyer asked the Realtor what happened after the inspection.

The Realtor told him that if the seller did not agree with my home inspection results that the seller could have his own inspection done and present those findings. If they could not agree with that inspection that they would have to agree to have the home inspected by a third party inspector and the results of that inspection would be final.

Never heard it explained that way before???

Sounds like an uneducated Agent to me .

Ya me Neither. I think it is plain stupid to sign a contract on something you have not inspected. Those realtor associations were sure a lot smarter than the home inspectors when they MADE UP their OWN rules.

Wow!

now that’s funny…

I don’t give a cat’s *** what the seller thinks or his inspector I stand by my inspection with everything I got.
That’s how sure I am of our inspections.

The Realtor was obviously new. He was trying to learn though. He followed me around the whole time and said he wanted to see what I was looking for. I took the time to point several things out to him. For instance, he had never heard of an FPE electrical panel.

It was hard to keep from laughing out loud when he explained how the inspection process worked though.

Lines 269-283 might have been on his mind…that’s an old version but what I found first doing a quick Google search for a it, oddly in the Tallahasee Area we are one of the few places that uses a different standard contract

Under the inspection repair clause, it used to state if the seller did not agree with some of the findings
they are entitled to a 2nd opinion at their own expense.
If it differs from the 1st, the parties then agree to choose a 3rd & tie-breaking opinion,
the cost shared equally by the parties.
It is agreed that the 3rd will be binding.
I don’t know if the clause is used in today’s contracts, but that’s what it used to say.
It usually never goes that far though.
This would be in contracts that have repairs, usually capped by a fixed amount
or a percentage of the sale price, not as is contracts.

Cha-Ching $$