New home warranty inspections

Thank you for the clarification. But could not the person for whom the Maintenance inspection is done be a “prospective seller” at some time in the future?

At one time dharris was a NACHI member. He had a disagreement with Nick Gromicko and/or other NACHI members and left NACHI.

I find it interesting that such people spend soooooooooo much time here at NACHI after they leave. I left CREIA and ASHI four years ago and have been back to their web sites maybe twice each. Could say something about NACHI, huh? They just can’t stay away because there is sooooooooo much going on here, soooooooooooo many benefits, soooooooooo many great members (about 9,198 of them), soooooooo much information on the Message Board.

Most of his posts while he was a member were useful. Since he left NACHI, his posts have not been useful. 'Tis a shame.

I really am a for real person.:wink: :wink:
Over 5 years ago I completed a HI course, got certified by Nickey, marketed myself as “certified” to the public and the whole works before I completed a fee paid inspection.

The only difference between me and others, I wandered from nicks fold and found out that OMG I didn’t have a clue compaired to others locally on what was being done by local inspectors and I didn’t even have close to the knowledge that they had.
Not to mention one my first thoughts were, I sure hope the customers of inspections that I completed, or my local competers don’t find out what I surely missed { after nick certified me}
Now I am a former candidate, the same small group that made the commitment to bettering them selves in the way they felt was best for them.

What I cannot understand is there are over 70,000 HI [per a recent post], and nick is obsessed on bashing less than 3% of all HI opposed to bashing over 50,000 HI that make no attempt to further their knowledge by participating in an organized group of professionals, locally or nationally.

The other thing that now baffles the heck out of me is there HIs that continue to agree with this form of marketing by an individual by sending him $s to continue his misson of attempting to destroy members of other orgs, because they don’t practice and believe what he does, and vender’s that suspositivly are also professional HIs also support and promote this.:roll: :roll: :roll:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Yes, but you could have joined ASHI by sending in a check.

Correct… The difference is ASHI did not market me as “certified” to the public as they don’t on over 65 ,000 other inspectors across the country] untill I met their qualificiations and provided proof and untill that proof was verified by my peers.
Where do you think I found out that I was not nearly qualifed to be providing inspections to the standards that I claimed on my marketing??

Yes the nachi BB is good information for new inspectors, I can honestly say, It was sure not the nachi BB where I realzed that I had a lot more to learn to be close to being a “certified” inspector

I did.
And CREIA, FREA, HIF, AAHI, and NAHI.

SPREI, however, required me to pass a knowledge test and send in a résumé. They weren’t happy with my résumé and called for further clarification.

It’s too bad that they didn’t have an active web site at the time.

Wow!
So they now have 65,000 members? They’ve grown faster than NACHI. Nick needs to get busy back here instead of with CMI.
Just 12 months ago in a mailing to me asking me to rejoin, they announced that their membership had climbed from 3200 to 3400, which was still way down from their peak of around 6,700 members. They lost tons of members due to branding (taxation without representation) and have not yet recovered, although they are still trying.

So you’re “properly certified” now?

Russell… Thats a damm good question…

I now meet the states "minuium "requierments, “properly certified” ???

Gotta finish this insp and do another, I think about that and try to provide an honest answer.

I can say that it wasn’t untill I completed 7 or 800 inspections that I did not lay awake several nights a week thinking about what I may have missed on that days inspection.

Don’t get complacent, I still lay awake from time to time after thousands. It just comes with the territory if you care about what you’re doing.

“Certified” only certifies that you are a home inspector, and have passed our entrance requirements to join. It does not certify that you are the best inspector, a great inspector, or an average inspector, only that you are an inspector.

ASHI on the other hand simply takes the check and says, "come back after you’ve completed 250 inspections, pass our test, and you’ll be a full member. The dishonesty there comes in when the inspector that has not done three inspections is asked by the client or Realtor “are you a member of ashi”. Very, very few if any of them will answer “yes, but only a candidate”.

And how do you think I know that?

I always think about what might have been missed at each inspection.
As long as I’m in this litigious industry, I will always wonder what I might have missed.
That’s why I have instituted such a lengthy customer service protocol, to make sure that if I did miss something, they come to me rather than going to their attorney.

I think he knows that, Blaine. But maybe not.:wink:

Hmmmmmmm. Perhaps the same way I know that. Anyone else know that?

dharris

What is your problem. What did Nick do to make you so mad.

You sought information about H/I, you got it on his site -
You sought out education, Nick offered that to you too -
You joined his organization, trying to better yourself and be a part of something bigger, gain some sort of identification, he let you join -

Then you develop this “Holier than thou” attitude because you realized that, well maybe I don’t know as much as I thought I did. Who’s fault is that, Nick’s, I don’t think so.

I assume you have talked or listened to someone or some group, that has convinced you that what you joined, isn’t a good as what they offer.
Hell man, the grass is always greener on the other side.

You need to get off your soapbox. It appears to me that you have lost your objectivity with your position in the whole subject matter.
You can keep talking the way you do, and people like me will figure you out real quick, and there goes any credibility you think you might have.

Maybe I’m walking right into your fun and “Devils Advocacy”, but your getting old, and I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking that.

If I’m speaking out of turn or out of ignorance on this subject (dharris), then I apologize to those who care.

Well said Greg.

Dan has been told that a dozen times at least and he still comes back.

No one here listens to him, we just enjoy arguing, and pointing out the flaws in his arguments.

Argument is sport! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

And the current score?
Is it halftime yet?
:margarit:

In fairness, it is likely the same percentage of NACHI members who have not done 100 inspections who admit to not being Full Members.

We don’t make a public distinction, Joe.

I didn’t even know we did make a distinction at all until about a year ago.

True, but you said “if asked by a client or realtor.”

The only ethical response would be that you are a “Working Member.” In PA, you must disclose that you are not yet a full member on a complience statement.

I was just making a point of fairness. I don’t know how many newbies of any association responsibly report their status voluntarily.