New HUD (i.e., Obama) instructions

Recieved an e-mail, yesterday, from the draw company that I work for (will not post the name because they are a good company and I like the cigarette money they provide).

New directive as to how to write the report for “certain properties”, given new HUD “rules”.

They instruct that the use of the word “graffiti” is no longer acceptable. The new terminology is supposed to be “urban art”.

Sorry, but I am euphemistically challanged. :mrgreen:

Crappy spray paint gang logos are vandalism, not “urban art”.

I’ve done a few HUD Renovation Assessment Inspections for that draw company but haven’t seen the instructions. They just called and walked me through a quick review of what they need.

I got the same email. What got me is we can not have any people in the pictures because of racial profiling. How can you racial profile somebody from just a picture? Some people most of very narrow minds and it appears they work in our government. Sad but true.

Doublespeak

**From SourceWatch**

**Doublespeak** is language deliberately constructed to disguise its actual meaning, such as [euphemisms](http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Euphemisms). 

The word doublespeak was coined in the early 1950s. It is often incorrectly attributed to George Orwell and his dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four. The word actually never appears in that novel; Orwell did, however, coin Newspeak, Oldspeak, duckspeak (speaking from the throat without thinking ‘like a duck’) and doublethink (holding “…simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them…”), and his novel made fashionable composite nouns with speak as the second element, which were previously unknown in English. It was therefore just a matter of time before someone came up with doublespeak. Doublespeak may be considered, in Orwell’s lexicography, as the B vocabulary of Newspeak, words “deliberately constructed for political purposes: words, that is to say, which not only had in every case a political implication, but were intended to impose a desirable mental attitude upon the person using them.”

Yeppers… same email…“urban art” my arse!!!

My HUD reports still show “graffiti”. Urban art my butt. “Thugs”.