**New Inspection Hang Tags**

My Take and Recommendation. It is a great idea to associate our individual business BRAND with the InterNACHI brand, however, the design presented needs some improvement:

1. May be a RED contour to make it more visible;
  2. The “MAIN SUTOFF” lettering could run vertical to allow for easier reading at the distance;
  3. I find the “Multiple Choice” Sharpie selection not very communicative;
  4. For $6.99 I figure we can have one for each system, it is not going to break the bank…!
  5. A hanging TAG is hanging from a Water or Gas seems reasonable, but
  6. For an Electric MAIN circuit breaker it will be better a STICKER (Adhesive), agreed?
  7. “Other”?!? Again, if there are other places or systems to ID, Please! for $6.99 we could make them “SPECIFIC” (Don’t we know all the potential systems that could use this type of signaling?
  8. Zip Ties are very affordable at the Home Depot. We could provide for those individually…! :slight_smile:

NOTE: Ian, Please! Send me the check for Marketing Communications Consulting Services written to my name! or mail me my order for FREE as means of compensation for the brain breaking ideas…!

2 Likes

I have to agree with Bert.
We have to rationalize the investment in any marketing/communication materials. The intention of living a tag or card behind should be connected to the expected future action that some one will see it, read it and call us to hire a future service (an inspection). That is not going to happen (very unlikely!) with a Main Water or Gas Tag. However, this type of “call to attention” tags, may leave a lasting good professional impression about our brand. You have to realize that the next time someone will see those tags, could be several years down the road. In this case for $0.14 a Tag, that investment may be worth it, but I would not base my future forecasted sales on that expectation.

1 Like

I feel the same as you do Bert.

2 Likes

Pillar to Post has been leaving these for years. I see their tags all the time. I’ve never heard so much as a whisper of complaint about it. I’ve rarely used them, but there are properties and clients where they are useful. Of course, it is amusing to see something mis-identified with the P to P tag.

2 Likes

I left behind letters in the beginning of my career UNTIL i got the dreaded seller phone call which he threatened me with a lawsuit. It makes sense that many won’t like us for what we do.

2 Likes

I am still torn on which way to proceed. I am still building my business so some shameless promotion shouldn’t hurt, or should it?

1 Like

Do it!

Order a pack of the InterNachi tags.

Visit a Harbor Freight (or order online if not close to one) of 5" zip ties… https://www.harborfreight.com/5-in-black-cable-ties-100-pack-60254.html?_br_psugg_q=black+zip+ties

Pre-assemble a dozen or all of the tags into sets… attach busness card or print on self-stick labels and attach to card.

Using a SHARPIE… check mark the appliances needed for one average household.

Stick each set in a ziplok sandwich bag so they’re ready to go.

Use as needed!!

When those are gone, review and decide what you want for the next batch, if any.

Using the above, I calculate it should not cost more than $20 for the first set. (Labels will cost the most about $12 for a small pack).

I would put it way, way, way, way, way, down on the list of effective ways to promote your business. Could it be handy for the new owner? Possibly.

1 Like

Trust me, $20 is a drop in the hat. You will easily squander 100x that much in other attempts, and get the exact same results!

LOL, I know that is right.

Agree! As a way to promote your business, this has to be near the bottom of the list.

1 Like

For years, I left a “letter/card.” As for as I know, I never got a single job from them. I think that it’s rare that a seller is looking for an inspector. Either they know someone or their agent refers someone to them. On the other hand, you’ll easily find some inspectors who swear by leaving something for the seller.

IMO, that would be classified as being ‘Professional’!
You are a guest in a persons home you will likely never meet.
It is appropriate to leave behind a ‘Thank You’ for the homeowner/tenent.

1 Like

Well, look what I found today. Guess we aren’t the only shameless promoters, lol.

2 Likes

Dang homeowners. Gonna look weird if I put my tag on it now. :sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Whole hole shut off?? :sweat_smile:
Not sure which hole they are talking about

1 Like