New Inspector in Vermont as of yesterday

Passed my test yesterday!! I studied here for about 2 months, getting my 80 Hours of course work required and then used the practice test a lot if not everyday, brushed up a lot on my electrical and HVAC knowledge. I am a General Contractor over the last 35 years so am looking to switch careers so I breezed through the test in about an hour and a half and found that this group had all the info I needed to pass… Thanks for the course work and I will be looking for an inspector to shadow as well…even though I am a know it all Contractor I still don’t know how to do a proper inspection that I would be proud to charge someone for… On another note, I know there are limitless threads about this but after the research I am thinking that Spectacular would be a great software program to start with…

2 Likes

Welcome, Chris! Good luck! What part of VT? I grew up there.

1 Like

I live in a small town 5 miles north of Killington

Congratulations Chris! Best of luck to you.

While I don’t have a ton of experience with reporting software, I do have some experience with software companies. I have been testing Inspector Nexus and so far have been pretty happy. The owner @jpope is a member here as well and pretty active so I’ve had good response times on any questions asked. My advice, try a couple and see which one flows similar to how you like to think and in terms of setup what makes sense to you. There are pro’s and con’s to legacy stuff vs new so just weigh what makes sense to you.

2 Likes

Congratulations Chris and good luck. :grinning:

1 Like

Helpful hints for New Inspectors.pdf (230.1 KB)
Here’s some advice you won’t get in school, best of luck to ya!

1 Like

Welcome Chris!! Congrats!!!

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, Chris!..Enjoy! :smile:

1 Like

I grew up in Vershire. Usually it’s not been on paper maps but should be easy to find now.

Congratulations Chris!

1 Like

then you probably went to the tunbridge fair

Didn’t everybody? :cow2::hotdog::popcorn::icecream:

1 Like

Welcome & Congrats!

Congrats !!! Happy Inspecting!!!

1 Like

Yes, Spectacular is a great software. Aaron is the best with support. The program allows you to add and save verbiage. Pay per use. Search option for verbiage is helpful. Custom comments is useful. You can take multiple pics and draw on them. I super like the program.

Thanks Julie… I am in the process of trying it out now but I think it’s a great program… I appreciate your input!

I lived in Bennington VT for a few years in 2000

1 Like

Congratulations Chris!

1 Like

Bennington is booming right now

It was not for this CA kid, lol.

1 Like