New Inspector looking for help

My name is Gary Hammack, I am looking for someone in Northern Virginia to do a ride along with or possible employment as a Home Inspector. My background is in plumbing/ HVAC and as an Operations Manager. I received my inspection training from AHIT and have taken and passed the National Home inspection exam. I also have my appraisal trainee license in Virginia.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi,

Don’t have any help, just wanted to say good luck and welcome. :slight_smile:

Gary,

You’re better off contacting Inspectors that are located out of your local area. You won’t find many inspectors out there who will train their future competition.

Hey Gary, pretty soon I’m going from NY to Arkansas, I may be passing your way…you could ride along with me for awhile:D :smiley: :smiley:

Mic

Gary,

Many established inspectors will offer ride-a-longs. Some will even offer an OJT-type package. You ride-a-long and inspect and they provide guidance and mentor you.

I’ve done it myself when I was first starting and I’ve also helped others along as they are starting.

Within my area … of course you are potentially competition … but, the way I approach it is that more education for all of us helps all of us grow and get better and better each day.

As Wendy said … Best of luck and welcome to HI.