New Jersey approved InterNACHI's FREE, online HVAC Inspection course for 12 hours

That’s awesome! Only NJ will not allow more than 10 hours of online CEU. per license cycle. That’s TWO YEARS. Licensing solves nothing.:mad:

How many hours of CE are required per license cycle in New Jersey?

20 per year or 40 per license cycle.

If I were you, I’d complain to the Attorney General who’s agency the Advisory Committee is under. They should not be harming consumers by forcing New Jersey inspectors to pay to sit in front of a blackboard when advanced online education is available, free, and already approved in New Jersey.

Classroom home inspection courses harm consumers.

I have asked Arthur Russo why this is so. I cannot get a straight answer out of him. I have not written the AG, but we will be getting a new one this year. Maybe forwarding the letter in the link you posted would be a good idea.

I have been to three Home Inspector Advisory Committee meetings thus far and three of the five NJ schools were represented at each meeting. The other two are community colleges, so they would not show up. I wonder if that has anything to do with the HIAC position?

This and free mentoring would be two good causes for the nachi chapter that I would like to form could be. I need to get my own Biz. in order before I do that. Schools make a lot of money off of taking guys out for essentially ride-a-longs.

Try the guys at www.njnachi.com They run 2 great chapters (one South and One North) in Jersey.

I have emailed Edgar, seems like a nice guy. I also have an application to join. Their southern meetings are 1 1/2 mi. from my house. I have attended a few of them. I’ll leave it at that.

Thanks, Drew