New Jersey NACHI

Originally Posted By: phinman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

On February 25th the first meeting of the NJ NACHI Chapter took place. The meeting was rousing success with slightly over 60 people in attendance.

NACHI was represented by our Executive Director Nick Gromicko and our President Joe Hagarty.

We introduced Mr. Bill Maer who will serve as our lobbyist to the legislators.

Also in attendance were members from Garden State ASHI, South Jersey ASHI and NJ-ALPHI.

The mix in this group included officers of the groups, licensed inspector(9), aspiring home inspectors(24) and some people who came out to find out what the home inspection industry is about.

We raised $3600 in donations, 50/50 and raffles. I was quite encouraged by the willingness of those there to support us financially. Several people came up to me afterwards and promised to send money soon as business picked up.

We outlined generally at the meeting our ideas to make the licensing law work better for us. Those few items include:

1. Put the mentoring into the school so when finished the student has a license available to him/her at graduation.

2. Change the wording in the 250 supervised inspections from "employed by" to "supervised''.

3. Extend the law a minimum of six months.

Much work is needed to better define the above and we are working at this time to fine tune the changes. Stay tuned!!

My thanks also goes out to the fellows who ran the raffle and the 50/50. They did a great job of convincing the attendees to help the cause.

I was asked about how everyone could stay in touch with progress and I think this thread is the best way to handle the reporting of progress. I can be reached personally at inspectionsplus@comcast.net if there are any other questions.

Nick and Joe did a great job of explaining NACHI and their roll in the industry. We had plenty of tough questions and all were answered.

Looking forward to the next meeting and please support the organization.

Please send any donations to NACHI directly.

Phillip R. Hinman
Chapter Founder

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Phillip:

You did such a great job. I just read your "Experiencing the NJ Licensing Law" article again tonight. Wow.

Nick