New Jersey pool/yard stray electricity mystery

Any pool experts think they could solve this grounding mystery? Head over to Brick, NJ asap!

1 Like

Wonder if the issue exists with the power turned off to the pool pump?

2 Likes

They said the pool was investigated. I would turn off power at the pole (overhead SEC) and see if the problem persists. If it does, the problem is not coming from that house. I did notice a remote front yard light (must have an underground supply). I wouldn’t think the problem would be that hard to isolate. The power company can turn off everything as they desire.

5 Likes

Yea I was curious if it was indirectly related to the pool & equipment.

Could it be possible that there has always been some amount of stray electricity in the ground in that area coming from elsewhere, and the installation of the pool is conducting it and preventing it from grounding?

This story shocks me!

8 Likes

I was somewhat neutral about the story although it seemed to be grounded in the truth.

5 Likes

They should have amped up the sensationalism to match that of other current events.

5 Likes

Jeez…tough crowd. There’s a resistance here that won’t get me inducted in the comedy hall of fame here. Ohm well!!!

6 Likes

I like the energy in the conversation this morning!

5 Likes

Watt you talking about. The laugh meter is surging to overload. I have no resistance to these jokes.

4 Likes

This is no laughing meter, I would like to know the outlet of this.

5 Likes

Anyone else going to plug in a comment?

4 Likes

Sometimes it’s hard to generate energy because people re- fuse to stop being negative. They need to switch to being positive or at least neutral. But not everyone is wired that way and they will relay their current short circuit towards any available outlet.

7 Likes

Winner winner chicken dinner.

2 Likes

Ryan just took it to another level. :fist_right:

2 Likes

:fist_left:

1 Like

That’s DC!

2 Likes

They need to check the telephone lines.

3 Likes

I’m thinking “the Volks” should change their name to “the Volts” as it’s more befitting for such an amped up family. :zap:

4 Likes

The stray voltage might be from the pool pump not being properly grounded.
Skimmer has 2 wholes. One from pool other to pump. I would look for bonding straps and odd metal bonds.

1 Like