New Journey in Life!

I have been considering a career as a home inspector for about a year now and I finally took the first step and signed up here to begin courses. I have no construction background but have always been interested in home systems and enjoy being my own “handyman” for my home. This is a big leap for me because I am fortunate to have a job that pays well, but I dread going into work each day. I want to help people and want to make a difference with what I do. Hopefully in the near future I can complete all requirements and start my own inspection business. I am excited about this journey and can’t wait to see what the future holds!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, Nicholas. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

good luck N Foy.

1 Like

Welcome!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome Nicholas,
There is a wealth of knowledge and information on this MB and with Nachi, dig in and best of luck moving forward with your new career!

1 Like

Here, here!

1 Like

Welcome and best of luck!

1 Like

Welcome Nicholas

2 Likes

This journey will require of you to forget the money and concentrate on your clients.
The best inspectors do not put money forefront . Our job is to do the very best we can for our clients.
Forget the money ! If you follow my lead you will make more money than you can imagine.
Put your clients up front as if they were you son or daughter. That right there is the key to success in this business.
However, You have to know what you are looking at. And you make up your own mind if you have the knowledge to do it!
If you do not have the knowledge at this moment. Then ride with those that do.

1 Like

^^^^^^^That^^^^^ :100: :100:

1 Like

Welcome !!

4 Likes

Welcome!!!

1 Like

Here’s some good advice, best of luck to you!
Helpful hints for New Inspectors.pdf (230.1 KB)

1 Like

You will do fine.
Never give up. Reach out for help when required.

Good Luck, I’m similar to you except I have some light construction background and was a truck driver… I also took more than just the pre-licensing course. It can seem overwhelming with all the information so its okay to take a course twice if you need to.

My suggestion is to take notes as you go especially with regard to allowable distances etc. Even though we aren’t code inspectors they are likely going to ask you questions about code, etc on the state exam.

You can develop your own study guide as you go with notes, I took several practice tests and saved the questions that I got wrong and added them to my study guide… I passed the test the first time I took it with 138 minutes left.

GOOD LUCK