New Mexico Home Inspector Licensing Bill.

My mailing hit all the legislators on Friday and the Governor last Thursday.

I’ve been emailing them all as well.

So have I and other inspectors from ashi and others… Still trying to find out final results locally no one has any information

That’s local. ASHI national pushed FOR it.

Anyway, I’m very sure that I killed it.

It’s dead. Our opposition caused the bill to run out of time and so it did not pass the Senate.

Representative Alonzo Baldonado (Majority Whip) has promised me (in writing) to include online education into the next draft that will be proposed in the 2016 session.

Congrats, Nick.

HI licensing is a disease that is festering out of control.

Licensing of HI’s will only be a basic, minimalist standard, minimal basic educational and insurance requirements, which all result in minimal basic reports to the consumer/home buyer.

License inspectors, then anyone involved in the RE transaction should also be licensed, from tradespeople, repair persons, agents, mortgage companies, etc. to home builders themselves. State wide building codes must be implemented, as to allow licensed HI’s to state what a defect is, and is not. Lawmakers do not realize the can of worms they open when instigating HI licensing.

We found out in Kansas, and got the laws out.

Just like ASHIfied states like mine. And NH doesn’t license contractors. I can build a house without a license but not inspect it. lol

Congratulations Nick, great news for NM home inspectors!