New OIR Form discussions

[RIGHT]

[/RIGHT]
We are going to need some kind of uniform explanation/training if we are all to be on the same page…no pun intended.

Count me in as well John…

Me three – And ya thought I was gone!

Man Quigley --where ya been ? :shock:

Down Under?

\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/

That was too good!!!

John,

Just what the doctor ordered - Hopefully it will be under the auspices of NACHI and recognized as valid training through DBPR such as your last written course.

I think that it is important to minimize a wide variety of interpretations by NACHI inspectors thereby calling our inspections into question.

See I do more than gripe and vent. Sometimes I even crack a joke or two :smiley:

There is not enough time to have a class written and approved. It will have to be in addition to the on-line class. Not for the Newbie

Any insight as to when the new form will be implemented?

My insight would be 1/12 as in Rev 1/12

Yeah, but the form dated 2/2010 didn’t come into use until 6/2010

I believe there is a requirement of 60(possibly 90) days before implementation.

The good news is that mine is all ready to go!:mrgreen:

I remember. I guess when you see it on their website or citizens. Maybe someone should ask them when it is going to be implemented. Not me Not Me.

So…Back to question 2…

Subject property is built in 1982, has a shingle roof, which is replaced in 2004 - this time with a permit - Subject property also has a metal, standing seam patio roof that has been on since who knows when…

Answer for question 2 is C - One of more roof coverings do not meet the requirements of Answer “A” or “B” - Therefore no credit is received for the new shingles installed.

Is this how you would interpret this scenario?

Now, about same scenario - however, the secondary roof is modified butimen roll and instead of a patio or porch - it is over an enclosed florida room - no documents or permits can be found for the replacement of the roll roofing, but it appears to have been done around 2000.

Also answer C ?

Thoughts, ideas, comments???

In theory, and reality, no documentation, you are going to have to check the box at the right that says no documentation for compliance. And the homeowner can say good bye to credits.

It is reality Bill. Once you mark the box unknown, there go the discounts… which was the plan all a long in order to go forward with the “We are no longer giving discounts for wind mitigation features” plan.

Five years from now, none of this will matter.

Eric,

I said in theory, because you and I both know that there are those out there that will make their own interpretation of the form. But it is a reality as we know it.

Unfortunately, the only way to change this form now is through litigation. Unless someone steps forward with a boat load of money , that is not going to happen.