New Org.

Hey guys…have you heard about a new association
NACMEI.org … National Association of Certified Master Electrician Inspectors
Qualifications are very tough and and only a few will qualify.
The founder is a long time electrician… the only problem he ever had was he wired a house wrong and it burnt down… The state sued his company and revoked his license, they never could locate him due to him having over five different address’s over five years and never collected the fine, now the former electrician is suing the state to clear his record because it was a conspiracy and nobody died.
The membership requirements… past an on line quiz… some of the questions are really tough and the passing rate is below 30%.
An example of test questions. You plug a lamp into a light switch… T or F
*14.2 wire means there are 28 strands wire. T or F

• The black wiring means that the wire is burnt and needs additional evaluation by a qualified electrician. Tor F
    *Pay 199.00 per year and promise to take an on line quiz every year
    *Promise to complete 50 CE NACME approved CE every year.

The open chat board is also very interesting…
The founder claims any body that’s not certified by him and did not complete his on line quiz are blind, other professional orgs and members are scum bags.
Another interesting thing is everybody claims to be certified a NACEMI CE provider/ vender and there are hundreds of free ce provided… if you join the org and pay thousands of $s for the venders product.

The founder claims thousand of members… and the org has a 99% renewal rate, the problem is if you try to call them over 50% of them have a disconnected phone or claim they haven’t been a member for the past few years.
One interesting comparison to a HI org. The founders policy and success is related to…
There is no law stating that you need to disclose to the public that you never worked on or inspected electrical components.*

The current interesting bb topic is ethics… seems that some members cannot agree that is ethical to claim to be certified and fail to disclose that the member never worked on or had any training on or inspected electrical items…
Also like a HI org they have a member that failed in a non related business that decided he will be the spokesperson for all members and decide what is and what is not ethical.

Mr. Harrris,

It’s unfortunate that you chose to expend so much energy and passion writing sarcastic commentary about a organization(and it’s founder) that you do not like. I wonder if you own house is “clean” so to speak. Are all its memebers as above board, well qualified, honest, and professional as you? HMMMMMM

Dan

You must be bored man!! I know the feeling,it’s raining in Toronto today,spending the entire day at home,and yes I’m bored.

Anyway having said all that,are you a member of this org?Or the founding father?
Dan if you would like to join NACHI I’m sure that Nick would welcome you!And he would forgive your past comments about him and NACHI.
Why then are you knocking us down like this.

Mario

Gasping for air? Must be a lonely feeling going down with a ship. Get off the Titanic and join NACHI dharris.

I am in Dan, the check is in the mail.:wink:

Kinda reminds me of "hey Hugh, get offa Mcloud. :smiley:

Brian… I’ll contact the owner and tell him that you have a good blood line and suggest that he waves your dues for the first year, all you’ll have to do is promise to promote his org and start a chapter to get more inspectors that will have to pay…
On the test… it’s tough but don’t worry, If you agree to sign a statement that you know all the answers I’ll also tell him that you don’t need to take the test…

Gotta hurry tho because membership will be capped real soon and new members will have to pay a premium to join or wait till someone quits the business or dies.

Sorry, I can’t do any thing about the CEs, don’t worry just tell him that you completed them, he doesn’t have any way to verify them and the last thing he would want to do is lose members, from what I understand its all about the numbers to snooker vender’s, the public and government officials into thinking his electrical inspection org is the largest and best in the world.
</IMG>

Mario… Knocking who down :roll: :roll: :roll: . I was just sharing information to nachi members about another way to get additional revenues in this slow time of the year, heck I thought it would be well recieved seeing that it’s getting close to the holidays.

There is nothing in my post about “us” I assume that means nachi/ the only thing is a reply from a member assuming that I was talking about " I guess nachi":roll: . :roll: :roll:

Dan

I was just thinking that it could get very boring around here if it wasn’t for you!!! You really know how to stir things up a little.I like that on days like today.

Are you slow this time of year as well? I thought It was just me.

Yes [us] meaning NACHI members

Dan we have been through this all before,entrance requirements.From what I see ASHI requirements are that you can read,write,and have the money to pay for dues.And that’s it.They don’t care about you or anybody else for that matter.What have they done for you lately?Ask yourself,and be honest.

Mario

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Dan about the bloodline, due to an extended stay in the UK in the 80’s I am no longer allowed to donate blood due to the possibility of mad cow disease. Perhaps I can be considered as a candidate member.:wink:

Brian,

Are those Brussels Griffons in your avitar? I can’t see that small!

Brian… I just spoke to the owner, he was so impressed with your honesty that he stated that he would not only give you a lifetime membership for a one time fee of only 189.00 but he will also give you the title of " Elete Master Certified Electrical inspector", and your own personnal badge with " EMCEI" embroydered in gold, you will be the first not to mention this a title that only a very few certified master electrical inspectors will ever achive and all new inspectors from other orgs.will look up to you from now on.:smiley: :smiley: :cool:

[quote=mkyriacou]
Dan I was just thinking that it could get very boring around here if it wasn’t for you!!! You really know how to stir things up a little.I like that on days like today. Are you slow this time of year as well? I thought It was just me. Just this morning… Hopefully thats all
Yes [us] meaning NACHI members Dan we have been through this all before,entrance requirements.From what I see ASHI requirements are that you can read,write,and have the money to pay for dues.And that’s it.They don’t care about you or anybody else for that matter.
What have they done for you lately?Ask yourself,and be honest. I am not one that looks for instant gradafaction and expect something for nothing from anybody or some org.
For the long term ASHI’s members has shared with me and provided me exceptional support by providing CE and marketing info, and vender discounts and support that puts all others to shame. Over the past 5 years I received over 100 direct refereal inspections from other ashi members, this week alone I know for a fact that 4 poential customers veiwed my web due to ASHIs find an inspector site, and the list goes on from there.

Dan

This is funny!!!

:roll: Someone’s got to play the Horses A$$.

Glad to see you back in such good form, Dan. :wink:

You’re too polite, Joe.

I would precede it with…Jack

Dan, you harm ASHI every time you post. Think about what you just did!

You unwittingly made up a fake, bogus association that despite it sounding like the worst diploma mill one could dream up… it actually has tougher requirements than the real ASHI you belong to! http://www.ashi.org/inspectors/join/candidate_application1.htm

Are you sure you’re not a NACHI member at heart?

Nick… if your going to keep promoting ASHI you should at least tell the full story… One of the most important benifits for a new inspector, [ASHI associates] after they complete their basic HI training, that you fail to post is ASHI members provide a mentorship program to new inspectors to help them practice in the field on live inspections, after the inspection the mentor reviews and crituques the new inspectors reports, all this is done with members that are highly respected and all have well over 1000 inspections ] in the profession, all this is provided at no or a minuimal charge to a new insector prior to marketing that inspector as "certified " to the public.

Dan

Can you give us the stats on how many new ashi members paid $0 for tag along and how many paid a fee? And what is minimal to you?

Now this a money making scheme,for those seasoned inspectors at ashi. What a coincidence just before Christmas!!!

Mario

Really Dan, Gold embroidery? WOW:shock:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>