New Potential E&O Insurance Scam

Originally Posted By: jhagarty
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.doi.state.nv.us/Press-Landmark-9-15-04.pdf

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Maybe Napadow has a new M.O…

Thanks for posting that, Joe.

Originally Posted By: psabados

That would be my guess

Paul

Originally Posted By: pdacey

If it walks like a Napadow, talks like a Napadow and smells like a Napadow. It must be a Napadow. icon_lol.gif

Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Chris Butler

Ladies and gentlemen,

this is NOT a Napadow thing.

It was a fraudulent company who has gone legitimate by having a “reputable” (and I use that word very loosely as they are very lowly rated by AM Best and a non-admitted carrier) buy their “book” of business.

Unfortunately, I have been asked not to share any more information as it is an ongoing investigation here in California and Nevada by the fraud investigation departments of both.

If you are a CREIA member, the individual involved presented this program to you during the last 2-4 months at your chapter meeting (as he visited all 33 chapters).

If you bought a policy from them contact the department of insurance for California at 916-322-5359.

In Nevada call Mary Jane at 775-687-4270 ext. 258

The company that “took” over the book also writes in Oregon and Arizona. So check if you had a policy through this company or the predecessor.

Sincerely,

Chris Butler

(former) Director of Membership @ FREA

Originally Posted By: psisler

Chris,

Thanks for the info.

Patrick M. Sisler

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Deleted… icon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: Chris Butler

Patrick,

you are welcome and I will be receiving some information from the Nevada fraud department this week on who is the contact for California.

Always looking to end a thread on a positive note…

Sincerely,

Chris Butler

(former) Director of Membership @ FREA

Originally Posted By: rpaul

E&O insurance is I think neccessary but I think it is over priced and we as the inspectors are the ones who have to suffer. I am not sure if I trust any of them. We as inspectors have to pay an extraordianry amount of money for an insurance if you make 3 mistakes as what others call a mistake you are screwed anyways. You get dropped and no one else will touch you.

I think there should also be a cop on what these insurance companies can sharge anyone for anything. Health, car, and E&O etc. I personally think 3000 - 4000 dollars a year is crazy money! Almost as bad as Malpratrice insurances. I did not realise I was a doctor! OOPPS I guess I am because I do give a House a Physical! So charge me as doctor.

Rick