New product: InterNACHI Inspection Narrative Library for HomeGauge.

I made a video that should help understand how to use the template and modify it to accept your comments.

Its a little long but I tried to keep it as short as possible

Let me know if I need to make changes or include something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MI0ZJ6IIXY

We’ve had a few people disappointed because they expected to merge their template with this one, so I want to make this clear. This is a separate template. It won’t merge cleanly with your template. You’ll need to transfer comments between templates.

1. You can transfer my comments to your template, but there are A LOT of them, and there’s a lot of reference materials in the CYA section and I took a lot of time to set up the Styles and Materials, including choices that automatically add comments. Very few people would have the patience to do this well. This template is almost 400,00 words. For comparison, a typical mystery novel has about 60,000 words.

You can transfer groups of comments using copy and paste between two open screens of HG using the process explained on my website.

Edited 4/28 according to Russell’s comment above.

Actually a watermark is part of your print settings Format and style and is not part of your template

Okay. I bought it, I downloaded it, and now I see it is room by room format. The HG software says that system by system is the most popular, and that’s what I have been using. So can I change this to system by system?
Oh, and the watermark works fine.

It’s got both, Frank, It’s just a matter of excluding some things and un-excluding others. You can then delete the comments you don’t need from the local list. You can also use it as a hybrid. A lot of people like to use System by System but also include the Kitchen, Bathrooms and Bedrooms.

Has anyone else used the template on the companion yet. I have used for two Inspections so far. The first inspection the house had a about 40-50 pictures of defects . The second had about 75-100 and the companion crashed during the inspection. This was the first time it has ever happened in the two years I have been using the companion. The rest of my inspection this week I will go back to my old template because I do not want to chance loosing any data or photos again.
I find that the template takes a long time to load and send to the cloud because of all the information. Has anyone else had this problem?

I agree with Frank if system by system is most popular why did you do room by room. I think it would of been easier to move comments around from system by system to room by room vs room to room to system by system.

I really like homegauge and have waited while for the nachi comments /narratives to arrive but as you say keyton it’s more of a nachi template than a global list of easy to use Comments.

I have contacted homegauge and they said Russell is looking into it. But I do not want anyone else to have the same problem I had on my inspection. I have Come to rely on my software and is a great part of my business and look forward to the improvements.
I actually wrote this post twice today and delete it because I thought it might sound like I was bashing homegauge… I am not I am very happy with them. But I felt it was my duty to help out another inspector.

Ed

When I downloaded the narratives I noticed that there were over 7k narratives added to my template. I was wondering how my phone would react to that amount of data.

I’m really sorry to hear about the crash Ed. It’s my intention to produce something that makes people’s lives easier.

It’s a big library, I wonder if it has something to do with the device you’re using it on. What device are you using to perform inspections? How much storage and memory does it have?

I didn’t just do it room by room, Ed. See the post just below yours. You can set it up any of three ways. I tried to give inspectors a choice rather than only provide them with enough to do it one way.

It’s not a Nachi template instead of a Global List. It’s a Narrative library for use with HomeGauge, meaning that it’s like a public library, and you wouldn’t read all the books in the public library, you just take home the ones you really want and put them on your bookshelves.

1. The Global list is the (Narrative) Library
  2. The Local list is like your home bookshelves

I’ll be monitoring this thread to see what develops.

I added the narratives to a new copied template as per Russell’s video on Youtube, but I’m not seeing all of the narratives for each item. I imported it as directed to the new template. I can see the global list. But I don’t see everything in the template.

Yes kenton I do have enough memory.
And understand your anology.
Again I think they are great just overwhelming.
I appreciate them they are just very time consuming to move between templates

Russell,
Your video about how to use the template and modify it to accept my comments was very helpful.

The versatility of the software continues to make me appreciate why purchasing HomeGauge and using InterNACHI’s Inspection Narrative Library by Kenton Shepard was such a good choice for developing my reports.

Thank you!

OK.
It’s distressing for me as well to hear that you’re having problems, Ed. I know what it’s like to lose data from an inspection you’ve competed after you’ve left. It’s happened to me and I was UN-happy.

Yup no problem. I just watched the video and it makes your template alot easier to navigate. It was not available when I purchased it.
The filter is the key☺

THE CATEGORY FILTER IS THE KEY

Can’t hardly say that one too loudly. It’s crucial! Double-click the inspection item to see it in the top toolbar.

Truer words never spoken. The template is awesome!

Okay, I’m figuring it out.

I’m working on website pages with helpful tips about installing and using this template:

Hi Frank,
my video shows how to import your comments into the Narrative template. Not the way you described else all of Kentons thousands of narratives will be found in your Uncategorized folder of your template.

Thank you Richard!

I’ll look there