New Requirement

OK, everyone stand down :slight_smile:

I’m an idiot. My license expires 8/31. Not sure where I got the 9/1 date, but that has always been in my head (of course, being the good, stubborn person I am - I reserve the right to dig through my paperwork and prove I’m correct!!)

So based on that, I don’t need the course. At the same time, I can’t renew either b/c of the system. I had trouble back in May with my LLC renewal. Now this as well.

Barry,

The big test is: do you and I have to pay $27 or $62 ?? The website currently says $62. Have you already done it?

(4) a fee of $22 for the annual renewal of the license of an apprentice inspector;

(5) a fee of $27 for the annual renewal of the license of a real estate inspector;

(6) a fee of $27 for the annual renewal of the license of a professional inspector;

the form says $62.00 i’ll pay that and be done with it

the Bride thinks it’s well worth it to keep me out of trouble, at least part time ;~))

form access link
http://www.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/forms/insp/REIR-0.pdf

Texas Standards of Practice/Legal/Ethics Update

My license renews end of October, but I am trying to get ahead start. Who offers this class on line at most reasonable ( cheapest) rate?

One in Amarillo on 9-16 TAREI http://www.tarei.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118&Itemid=0 Cost ?

www.TPREIA.com Has one in Mckinney Texas along with Simpson class end of September. I think it is $200 and you get a membership. Contact Mike mike@mlcinspections.com I do not see details on their site.

I was going to do one for Nick that he could offer for free but I just got some Open Records stuff from TREC (for the course) and have not had time to assemble the course. ETA 4 to 8 weeks.

The TPREIA class for $200 also includes FREE hotel stay at Marriott Courtyard I was told (paid for by Simpson Strongtie)

The class in McKinney will be taught by Paul Roebuck (TPREIA Founding Member). He is a seasoned inspector. You will enjoy it.
And Dan is right. Simpson Strong Tie will pick up the tab for the hotel.
I took the class on 8/31 in Houston and Fred Wilcox was the teacher. Enjoyed that cause it was straight from the insider.