New Sheriff Approaching

Billy you need to realize every circus has their clowns and this forum is the biggest circus around we have the three stooges low ballers morons,idiots and even a roof monkey. I don’t use your services I don’t need them but I commend you for having the guts to try something new whether it is successful or not you at least had the guts to try;-)

I’m curious as well Greg. Know any better about what? I don’t ever recall you and I having a problem with each other. So at this moment your statement makes no sense.

Thanks Nathan. No need for Greg to apologize. He can think what he wants. That’s what makes America so great no one says you have to like each other. I just think if you’re going to say something like that atleast have a valid reason for your actions. I’ve always thought highly of Greg so I’m not sure why he feels the way he does.

Thank you Charlie I really appreciate your comments and yes I realize it that’s why I don’t get all worked up over it. Every business will have those who oppose them.

When home inspectors no longer can get any business, get lazy, or listen to HI vendor speeches, they fade away to become vendors themselves.

Trying to sell SEO to over 10,000 InterNACHI members to get a very limited number of top search listings, does not make any sense. There are only a select few on the first page, and HI’s pay google fees for it. I am number one on many searches, but not for a “home inspector”. There are just too many HI’s trying to do the same thing.

This is why vendors participate on this message board: to get SEO. It is also why they sell their wares, so they can get the business info and email address to create even more. It is for them: not us. IMHO of course. There are hundreds of ways to get business without a web site. I started my business in 2002, and did not have a web site for years. You simply do not need SEO, free appliance recall info, free warranties, etc. to gain home inspection business.

Billy, tracking and recording phone calls is not what clients want. And paying $99 a month from a home inspector just does not make sense.

Or…Or…Gary, people do not have time to invest in ANOTHER aspect of their company, because their company is actually something called…SUCCESSFUL. I know that is a new concept. But there are actual Home Inspectors who are actually too busy to take on these additional tasks.

Some people (me for one) believe that every time my phone rings a LIVE person should answer it. Sorry, but I can hire 2 more secretaries for the times during the day and week we are busy and waste thousands of dollars, or I can just hire a call service to take a message. Which is smarter?

They are called, businessmen. They actually VALUE their time against the task at hand. I guess I can spend days on learning how to make a website, what a H1 and H2 tag is and how they correspond to Google, Yahoo, Bing. I guess then I can learn that when One of them changes their algorithms, I can go back and adjust the websites so they rank higher.

But I VALUE my time more than that and task that out to a person who already knows the in and outs of that specific task. Why wouldn’t I? I can make more money INSPECTING than learning those things.

I know. Nick is an Idiot, he hired, educators, authors, logo designers, marketing people, tool supplier, publishing company…what an idiot, he could have done all that HIMSELF and saved a bunch of money! Maybe one day he will learn…:wink:

They say you don’t have what it takes.

Never let someone’s opinion of you wash away your inner strength and spirit. Never sacrifice who you are or what you aspire to be because someone else seesthings differently. Sometimes even those who you consider to be close confidants will carelessly crush your potential with smiles on their faces. They will discredit your ideas, exhibiting zero emotional support, and try to persuade you to forget part of the person you are, along with the person you are capable of becoming.

It usually takes just a few negative comments to kill a person’s dream. Don’t speak these negative comments to others, and don’t listen to those who do. Don’t let people interrupt you and tell you that you can’t do something. If you have a dream that you’re passionate about, you must protect it. When others can’t do something themselves, they’re going to tell you that you can’t do it either; and that’s a lie. These people are simply speaking from within the boundaries of their own limitations.

Don’t let weak minds convince you that you aren’t strong enough and smart enough. You are. Surround yourself with people who help strengthen you – those who see greatness in you, even when you don’t see it in yourself.

Love it Bob…did you write that?

Gary even if what you say is true what is the point of saying it in public ?

1. You are a close friend of Billy’s and are trying to help him with public ridicule as method of help instead of a personal phone call to explain your great insite.

2)You do not like Billy and want to publicly embarrass him.

1. You think his idea is silly and are hoping the wolf pack will join is so we can all have laugh at the poor guys expense and make our day brighter feeling superior.

4)Jealous he is doing what we are too lazy to accomplish

1. Feel he is not qualified and wish to warn other members because you care about them.

No but I sometimes save sayings for inspiration off my favorite site for getting pumped up when psychologically down on myself which we all are some days…

It’s a great site to regain optimism with.

I read the above after Troy and a few others ridiculed me for the simple question…
What Contact info should I add to my personal software CRM.

Instead of offering to help I got ads for using ISN .

Thanks…that was pretty thought provoking. Thanks for sharing.

Russ I have always been willing to share here because I learn here as well.
Not as much as in the past thanks to naysayers mudding the track but none the less NACHI forum keeps my mind on the business.

Yes you could apply the above posting to any vendors services and there are always two sides to every story.

Seems to me the public market place is great because if something does not work it will die a natural death.

Bob that was a great post. And I appreciate everything you have done for everyone here.

What people don’t know about me is who I truly am. I come from a long line of dreamers who turned their vision into reality. People like Gary and Linus only fuel the fire I have for success. I welcome the naysayers just like I did when I first started my inspection business which by the way is doing just great. Henry Ford once said “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.” Rest assured can’t is not in my vocabulary.

Last thought before I jump in the shower head for coffee and get back to my CRM system.

(You gotta take advantage of the slow period)

When you try to change people, they usually remain the same. – But when you don’t try to change people – when you allow them the space to be as they are – they gradually change in the most beautiful way. Because what really changes is the way you see them.

Gary I have been number 1 majority of the time or within the top 3 on all major search engines for over five years now. If you want to know why which will totally contradict your post here give me a call. Trust me so far I have a 100% website sign up rate. I don’t just speak about what could happen I actually speak results and I set client expectations regarding what SEO is all about. If you attempt to build a site yourself and you do not understand atleast the basics behind SEO then yes most likely your only option is to pay Google for advertising. With how long you’ve been in business there is no reason why I should not find you as a home inspector in the Kansas City area.

Billy I think what Gary is saying in so many words is that only One website can be listed number 1 on Google. Only 5 or 6 on page one. So for instance what if you have 20 people from St. Louis area sign up with you, which of those will have the privilege of being number 1, or even on page one? After all you are “guaranteeing” you will get them listed at the top.

Chris,

No one can guarantee you anything regarding SEO or a search engine position nor have I ever said I would. Dom, I , Nate, Square, Weebly no one can make that promise. Only Google, Bing, Yahoo knows where, when and “if” they will index you “Unless” you pay for their services. When you call me I investigate with you to see what the competition is doing in your area by searching Google and seeing who currently is there. I personally read code on their websites. If I think you have a shot and the URL is available I will let you know. If competition is high (sites with proper SEO) then all you can do is set up your code for the best possible SEO and hope for the best online position the search engines allow and sell your online presence via word of mouth or social media. Also keep in mind time matters when it comes to good ranking. Probably why I’ve never been passed yet I’ve been up for a number of years now and very little know about SEO in my area. And by the way until I stop being a home inspector one day I’m not taking clients in the greater St. Louis area :wink:

PS… If a person rents a template from me I personally set it up just for my client and I only rent that template to you for your area. So no one else within your own area will ever look the same. Image is key to my business.

As for Gary what I meant to say is he has been in business for a long time. There is some competition for the Kansas City Area but IMO there is room for Gary to attempt to move in. Problem is Gary’s site is not set up for proper SEO.

Billy I see on your site your also selling report software for $199.