New unethical trend in the home inspection business?

O.K. Bruce, whats with the complaint about the inspection rates going up $125.00? That sounds good for all of us. Every home inspector I have ever met is always complaining about how the service is worth so much more but with all these “low ballers”, they can’t possibly raise their rates. Now when someone finally raises their rates and gets the money they deserve you want an investigation? I’m not trying to bash or sound harsh, just curious as to the reasoning behind the complaint.

Also, to everyone who says that there is a “National company” in a RE office, a pay for play racket, etc, why not post who it is? Lets call these folks onto the carpet and let the public and/or elected officials know whats going on. If they have a known office its not like its a big secret. Why tip toe around naming names if this is fact?

Sure!
Anyone that wants “Your Town, Home Inspector Fraud Warning!” #1 on Google when a search for a Home Inspector is conducted for your town, post the legal information here.

Huh?

Is this just another “reported story”?

No, he’s saying that this is the public side of the message board and Google picks up on these threads.

That’s why I’m glad I perform home inspections in Illinois, an honest State. :):twisted::shock:

St.Louis Metro Home Inspections

This thread #3 for “unethical home inspection” :shock:

Would you like more bed-time stories?

Even “Stupid Questions” don’t go unnoticed…

David,

The odds of someone typing in either of those search strings if minuscule.:roll:

Yes, very true.

It’s not what you say, but how you say it.

Your not telling me I can’t hit # 1 in 20 min with more likely search words are you?

Page 1 (#7)

For “Chicago Home Inspection Fraud” :shock:

Try this one…

Not so “far fetched” now is it ?

The general public will eventually learn not to use the realtors favorite inspectors and many of them have, I am busy and do not market to realtors.

The sad thing is some of these guy’s even think they know how to properly inspect and report on a house. We all miss some little things here and there but missing over 10-20 items per house is out of line folks.

The state SOP’s do not have a provison for the inspector to decide what gets reported, the SOP’s require full disclosure of the property conditions in a written report.

I am all for higher rates but you should earn it.