NEW WAYS OF MARKETING

Originally Posted By: Ken Trice
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I LOOKING FOR IDEAS ON MARKETING MY HOME INSPECTION BUSINESS

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY CHEAP WAYS. ALSO LOOKING FOR OPINIONS

ON HAVING A WEB PAGE PRO AND CONS?

Originally Posted By: rkuntz

Ken

The cheapest way that I have found to market is to shake alot of hands with Realtors. Meet them where ever you can, visit their offices, ask to present at their sales meetings, join the local board of realtors.

As for the website, I just got my up. A website has costs to develop, to have hosted and probably your biggest cost is attracting visitors.

Ron Kuntz

Originally Posted By: gbell

Hello Ken,

The best free marketing is to find a house for sale that is vacant. Have signs put on the side of your vehicle (hopefully they are there now). Sit out front and when someone stops to look at the house go over and introduce yourself. Tell them about your service and sell yourself.

As for the web site it will be the best marketing tool you will ever find. I do a lot of inspections where I never see the client. Everything is done through my web site and a phone call or two. As you can see I don't take credit cards, I just tell the client to mail me a check (so far I have always collected). But I have had to make a few calls and give a friendly reminder. If you look through the NACHI board here you will find a good place to start with your site.

I am on my third and getting ready to have the fourth done. The first I did myself and it showed. The second I paid a college student to do and while it looked better there was still room for improvement. The third was done by a professional and it shows. The cost is just high, that is why I am looking for number 4.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: jremas

When you visit the realtors, ask them if they have a list of inspectors that they hand to their clients. Some might be apprehensive but most will admit that they do have a list. Tell them you would like to be added to the list & they should add you. (some require proof of insurance and certifications before they will ad you)

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598