new website ??

Originally Posted By: rmoore2
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hi!

Is it a waste of time and money to have a website ??

Please advise ??

www.prohomechek.com

www.prohomechek.com

www.interlandwebbuilders.com

thanks RM

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Many inspectors get a good amount of business from their web sites. When I was in VA having one was a must. Here, no one knows internet from internment so at this point it would be useless.

You should check out your area and your competitors and if you can get at least enough business to pay for it, get one. They can be very useful.

Originally Posted By: rwills

Rich, As Blaine stated, it is an area thing. Personally, if not for my website I wouldn’t be in business. I’m all internet. Bob W.

Bob Wills - MAB Chairman

BW Inspection Services

Warminster, Pa.

http://www.bwinspections.com

Originally Posted By: pdacey

Rich,

Check out the competition and see what they are doing. I don't need my website to be in business but it has paid for itself many times.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Rich add your phone #.

Erol

Speaking of needing a website…

My afternoon inspection was a one year builder warranty inspection. The customer was a really nice guy and we got to chatting at the end of the inspection. He said the post card I sent him about a warranty inspection was one of about four that he received. He said he chose to go with me because he liked my website, it was easy to navigate, liked the content and loved that fact that he can access his report 24/7 through the site. He also said my price for the inspection was the highest out of all four inspectors. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) This one inspection will pay for three years of hosting costs for my website. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) For me, the website has been worth every nickel and then some.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636

Originally Posted By: tallen

You do have a very nice website Patrick. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: tallen

All you need is a page for links to other NACHI inspectors outside of you area icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Todd, and yes I do need a page for other inspectors. Maybe I’ll do that over the weekend.

Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636