New wind mit form and OIR

I would also like a copy of the new form if anyone could be so kind as to email it to me. Thank you!

amonagan@hotmail.com

Did this language make it through?

A person who is authorized to sign a mitigation verification form must inspect the structures referenced by the form personally, not through employees or other persons, and must certify or attest to personal inspection of the structures referenced by the form. However, licensees under s. 471.015 or s. 489.111 may authorize a direct employee, who is not an independent contractor, and who possesses the requisite skill, knowledge and experience, to conduct a mitigation verification inspection. Insurers shall have the right to request and obtain information from the authorized mitigation inspector under s. 471.015 or s. 489.111, regarding any authorized employee’s qualifications prior to accepting a mitigation verification form performed by an employee that is not licensed under s. 471.015 or s. 489.111.

Wow. I guess we will compete with someone making $10 an hour now. $30-50 wind mits coming soon. That isn’t going to help the small business companies at all and sounds illegal to give one type of company a leg up over another.

Edit: Just found this on OIR. Looks like it made it through :frowning: http://www.floir.com/siteDocuments/1802Draft12062011.pdf

I guess they had to do something against home inspectors since they let them in on the game. they had to give back to those they screwed in the first place when home inspectors were allowed to do the jobs only they were qualified to do.

It’s not against just home inspectors, It went against the whole industry. You will have to compete against hourly wage inspectors too and you are a contractor.

“Insurers shall have the right to request and obtain information from the authorized mitigation inspector under s. 471.015 or s. 489.111, regarding any authorized employee’s qualifications prior to accepting a mitigation verification form performed by an employee that is not licensed under s. 471.015 or s. 489.111.”

Hello Clint, That’s new, I didn’t see this on the form. Where did you see this about “employees qualifications”?

I got it off http://www.floir.com/siteDocuments/1…ft12062011.pdf
I wonder if this is the final. It’s dated 12/6/2011.

Hmm, that’s not the link. I lost it now. Still looking.

Found it. It is in Florida Statute 627.711 section (3)
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0600-0699/0627/Sections/0627.711.html

By 90% you must mean Inspection Depot… this is a power play to secure Citizens position and its ability to maintain the ongoing cluster party at ID. Wayne…let himself be drawn out of meeting by staff while vote was taken??? your kidding right?

Here is the new form for yall

For all that are concerned about this specific issue, check out Florida Statue 501.204 (Unfair Trade Practice Act). I am not an attorney, but it would appear that the language in FS 627.711 as well as the language instituted on the new form (it is also on the current form) violates the Unfair Trade Practices Act as noted in FS 501.204. If this theory is correct, the violation may be grounds for a class action by the business entities enumerated in FS 627.711 that cannot hire unlicensed employees to conduct wind mitigation inspections for their respective companies.

Also, if you look up the legal definition of “class action”, it would appear that the above condition fits within the scope of a class action.

For all that are concerned about this, perhaps calling and emailing your legislative representatives to voice your concerns may get this unfair trade practice on the agenda for the upcoming legislative session in January. It would also be a good idea to attend the legislative update meetings scheduled throughout the state with Wayne Bertsch and Greg Bell to voice your concerns there so that Wayne can also push this issue during the upcoming session.

The big question is who will be the first to get sued for wind mitigation?
We are in Florida, you know it is going to happen just a matter of time. All for a ridiculous price. These inspections became a laughing matter for a price that will not even be enough to pay legal representation.

That’s exactly what you guy’s need down there to get this whole mess straightened out. A big, fat, messy, overblown, lawsuit!!!

Would also help to weed out some of the ‘riff raff’.

:wink:

ABSOLUTELY! Where is NICK?? The savior of disasters.

It is called abuse! 90% of the HI in favor??? BS!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

The hourly HI will not give a flying F. They still complied until they get sued. It is going to be a roller coaster.

**More work, more responsibilities, more risk and low pay. **
Donations accepted: Anyone has a writeable NEW form?:roll:

Guys, there has been considerable public input from all sectors of the industry, including home inspectors, and all have agreed that documentation (photos) is not only implied it is required to correctly certify features. The statute does not speak to this it requires OIR to solicit input from the industry to create the form definitions and requirements, that is what has been happening for the last 5 years and 2 form changes.

I frankly think would be a waste of Wayne’s valuable time and our money, there are more pressing issues we need to be focused on.

They would probably just take Wayne outside and talk with him for a few minutes…then…when he came back into the room…everyone would be gone!:mrgreen:

I’m still trying to figure that one out as well…hmmm.

Sounds like a Spicolli move!

I watched most of the meeting and I did not see any public comments on any agenda items.

It seems like Citizen’s is taking the lead on the wind form/program. the whole public input smokescreen is bogus. The last reinspection fowarded to me is 75 pages long for a 1500 sq ft home.

Does anyone know when the form will be put into effect?