New wind mit form date

Here is the response I received:

Good morning John,

Our Management/Legal team handling the form revisions are currently working out all of the details following the adoption of the 1802 form. We are in the process of preparing an Informational Memorandum to go out to the industry, along with a copy of the form, and we will continue to update the Interested Parties List as to the progress as well. We’re looking at an effective date of February 1, 2012 and should have more definitive details this week. We do have an 1802 link on our website and updates will be provided there as well. A copy of the form that went before the Cabinet is available on this link but is being critiqued for any typos, etc. :

Please let me know if you have any further questions at this time.

Office of Insurance Regulation
Property & Casualty Product Review

Thanks John, let us know if you hear something else.

Thanks for keepng all informed

Thank you, John.

John, thanks for the update and hard work!

Thanks John. I hope they don’t keep putting out tons of new revisions, it’s very time consuming to set everything up!

It would probably be a whole lot easier if they just changed the form to nothing but a series of “yes” or “no” blocks for each section and just cut to the chase with the final block simply saying; “Does this homeowner qualify for any reduction of premiums” and just a NO block. The State of FL started this nonsense with the MySafeFloridaHome program, they then parachuted out of the burning airplane leaving the homeowners. What a goat roping this has turned out to be. The more they diddle with it the worse it gets for the homeowners.

Thanks for the info John.

Thanks John. It should be interesting.

good job, John.

Thanks John.

ANOTHER update from WAYNE:

Many associations are getting inquiries related to the revised OIR 1802 Form, the expected effective date is Feb 1. An Information Bulletin will be distributed (they hope by weeks end)by OIR when the Form can be used, until then please use the existing Form.

Standards of Practice: Rick Morrison(DBPR) indicated today that the Standards and the accompanying rules related to fees, continuing education, providers, etc are being sent off for review by the Governor’s Adminstrative Rules Office and then will be submitted for publication in the Florida Administrative Weekly - which it should publish Jan 13 or 20th. If by a miracle that there are no comments or challenges, then the Standards of Practice could take effect as early as 75 days after publication. The Department determined that the Standards are NOT subject to legislative ratification, which is good news. The remaining rules will be subject to legislative ratification and that will not be ready for the upcoming Session that begins NEXT week, these will happen during the 2013 Session because of the timing.

Thanks again, John. As always.

Thanks John

ta daaaaaaaa

INFORMATIONAL MEMORANDUM

OIR-12-01M

ISSUED

January 4, 2012

Florida Office of Insurance Regulation

**Kevin M. McCarty,**Commissioner

To Residential Property Insurers in the State of Florida

The purpose of this memorandum is to inform Residential Property Insurers that the “Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form” (Form OIR-B1-1802) has been revised and is effective February 1, 2012. You are strongly urged to review and become familiar with the form. A copy of the form is attached to this Informational Memorandum.

On December 6, 2011 proposed revisions to Rule 69O-170.0155, Florida Administrative Code, were approved for adoption by the Financial Services Commission. The rule incorporated and adopted revisions to the “Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form” (OIR-B1-1802). The effective date of the rule and the revised form is February 1, 2012.

It is important to note that the form does not change any approved company inspection requirements nor does it change the mitigation discounts/credits as adopted in Rule 69O-170.017, Florida Administrative Code.

All Office of Insurance Regulation forms may be obtained from the Office’s web site located at https://www.floir.com.

If you have any questions regarding this memorandum, please contact Michelle Brewer, Deputy Director of Property and Casualty Product Review, Florida Office of Insurance Regulation by email at michelle.brewer@floir.com or (850) 413-2469.

I tried to attach the final form and it is 13 kb to big. send me a regular email if you want it and I will send it.

I am not sure which version of word they used but here it is. I had to adjust it a bit. I can not upload the version they sent me(formatting only)

Just got it

As a PDF :slight_smile:

i wonder why it was sent out in word format? seems odd to me.