New Years Business Resolutions!

Finish project… :pleading_face:

5 Likes

# For Sale: 1968 Plymouth Barracuda in Cadillac, Michigan

Nice CL350 Scrambler restoration, Mr. B. :grinning:
Happy New Year.

Those are 68s.
The 69 had many differences as it was the pre-curser to the Duster, the Valiant Duster…from, the Valiant Barracuda. The Mopar circle. :slight_smile:

The 70 Barracuda, was built on a completely different platform, for numerous reasons, one being, the relative ease of installing the 426 HEMI. although there were, depending on whose numbers you use, 50 68 Barracudas, and Darts, equipped with the 426 HEMI, it was done to satisfy the requirement in order to race in NHRA, it was not a mass-produced car.
The 68 Cuda, with the HEMI, came with, Lexan windows, acid dipped doors, no back seat, headers in the trunk, and the standard “5:50” warranty. 5 minutes or fifty feet…whichever came first.
A real one will set you back about $250K…

The cars were so fast, they ended up with their own division SS/A or SS/AA for the automatic cars.
Back in 68, they ran in the 10 second range in the 1/4 mile…for decades…the fastest 1/4 mile car produced in the world…until 2018…and the reintroduction of the Dodge Demon which ran 9:36 in the 1/4 mile…from the showroom floor “sort of”. :slight_smile:

Sorry I thought I saw a 69 in string. Here it is. Sorry.
You know your MOPAR.
Personally I never liked the Duster. The 1969 Barracuda had better weight displacement.

Look what I found on my inspection. A 1971 Hemi Cuda with a pistol grip. Nicely restored and winning beauty contests. This beast shared a garage with an Orange Challenger which was just as pretty. This garage was separate from the house garage. This building was just for working on and showing off these prize winning show cars.

4 Likes

Nice, Bert! :smile:

1 Like

Beautiful car Bert!

That brings back memories, Bert! Thanks for sharing! :grin: