New York State Education Conference

Come on Bill !!!
We can use RED BALLS in the snow, can’t we ???:stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, many golfers are known for day glow colors in winter weather to keep track of each golf ball. Personally, I would recommend a warmer climate for the sport of golf- Winter and golf in New York don’t mix- March may be better, but that is a question for mother nature, or the weather experts.

We tentatively have more information for you to date as follows: (as we stated, this educational conference will be subject to NYS approving each seminar and we will not take any registrations until we receive full approval for each class we plan to host and present)
March 22, 23, 24, 25, 2006
4 hour AM sessions on March 22, 23, and 24 (8 to 12 noon)
4 hour PM sessions on March 22, 23, and 24 (1 to 5pm)

At present the state has indicated that the requirement will be 20 hours. To that end, if a Licensed home inpector picks 5 of the 6 seminars he or she will meet their requirements for ce credit (again, we will not offer this unless and until approved by NYS, Dept. of State) We will Limit the class size to 80 students per module.

Based upon the favorable response we have received from vendors, who will offset the cost of the program for Home Inspectors, we are looking to cap the fee for each inspector to 300 per registrant, which equates to 60 per class. This seems to be a reasonable price with books and materials included.

On Sunday, we will have a breakfast get-together in which all certificates will be distributed to those in attendnace. Those not in attendance will receive their raised seal certificates by mail the following week. Attendance will be mandatory for each seminar to receive any credit, once these programs are approved!

We will also be planning a comedy club event on either Thursday or Friday Evening at a reduced rate for our attendees. When we get closer to the event, we will make sure everything is spelled out in detail.

Until NYS approves any program, we will NOT allow anyone to register for these seminars.

I want to thank the many people who have contacted me ofering to help. Those selected to assist us, will be thanked by attending all the seminars for FREE.

I have set the dates up so they do not interfere with the Pro-Lab event scheduled for March 15, 16 and 17th.

Much luck and success to NACHI Memeberhip. Hapy and Heathy Thanksgiving!

I received this info, yesterday.

Announced at the STAHI meeting last night in Binghamton:

(12) hours annually will be required for Continuing Education by the Dept. of State to maintain a NY license
Only approved courses will be eligible for use for Continuing Ed.
Only an appoved instructor can teach an approved course to qualify.
Each instructor is required to submit resume for approval (60) days prior - $25 fee and proof of 250 inspections in the last (3) years may be required - same as home inspector schools
Each course must be submitted for approval (60) days prior - $25 fee annually/course.  Must submit detailed outline, time sequence, references, exam with reference for each question and answer sheet.

The forms are not yet available and the DOS is not yet prepared to review course materials for continuing education although (12) hours would have been required in 2006. A proration formula may be available to prove 2006 compliance.

Thanks John:

Last I was informed was the following:
20 hours of approved continuing education before renewal occurs (if it is 22 hours or slightly less or more, that is reasonable, since real estate requires 22.5 hours every 2 years and appraisers require 28 hours every 2 years)
All Instructors must be approved to teach, as is already the case for those teaching licensing courses
Courses must be submitted prior to offering the program 60 days prior to the course being presented.
I was told by the Dept. of State that they did not have plans on requiring exams for ce courses at present, only for licensing courses. I will e-mail the Dept. of State for their opinion on this.

All of our instructors are Approved Instructors by New York State.
We will only offer courses/seminars approved for Home Inspection Credit, and are awaiting the application to file our courses with the state for approval. They just ent us the renewals for our licensing courses, which I have already sent to the state for renewal. P0011, P0012, P0013, P0014 and P0015.

Thanks for the update John. I appreciate your input. Give me a call if you get a change. Hope to see you at our Educational Conference in March 2007, again provided the programs and courses are approved by NYS, Dept. of State. To that end, as I did lst year when we were awaiting Licensing approval, I will not take 1 penny from any registrant until the state approves our program. I don’t want potential students to find out about these dates last minute, and that is why we have and are formulating it now!

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Bill

Hello Bill,
Thank you for your extensive clarifications regarding the seminar and that the State is being typical of any government entity, that is, moving slowly. The first info released by you made it look like you have an “in” with the department and got info no-one else had! It almost made it appear like there was hope on the horizon that the State would be acting quickly, HA-HA. Some folks I spoke with (very concerned about CE) assumed your program was “a done deal”. Your follow-up messages did a nice job with making the situation very clear. Thank You
By the way, my latest info was that as of the October Advisory Board Meeting little definitive progress has been made regarding requirements for CE, State COE and State SOP. (without all 3 in place, no hopes of reciprocity for those inspectors “on the border”)
Knowing that the Advisory Board input then has to be acted upon by DOL and DOS, I have a problem seeing how the info will get out from the State to you and other school leaders while still allowing for all the approvals they will be asking of the schools. It is just my opinion but IF you can get it set for your hoped for dates it will be just shy of a miracle. Good luck to you on that.
On that note; Fellow Inspectors - In my opinion, the “powers that be” fully realize they will be “short timing” those of us who were licensed on
1 January 2006. They are aware it will be difficult to meet the CE requirements first time around. From comments made at the Advisory Board Meeting in Albany, the State will not be making it so we cannot continue in business. Some allowances may be made. I would advise all to keep an eye on this thread and the info Bill is getting out. Please, DO NOT bombard the DOL - they are working flat out. To sum it up, patience people.
Tom Valosin
NACHI NY SEA

Thanks Tom:

Spoke to the Education Unit today, and they seemed confident that the process will evolve and we will see applications before long. That being said, I have multiple courses ready to offer, once the state allows schools to submit same for approval. I am hoping to present this program in March and to that end, all 6 seminars (24 hours of credit) will be offered at around $ 300 total- If we find that 20 hours is neded than a student need only attend 5 of the 6 seminars, if more is required than we will adjust our schedule accordingly.

As I did last year, successfully, I marketed the program to give fellow NACHI members the time necessary to schedule their activities, and until the state gives me any approval, I will not take 1 penny from anyone, not the vendor who will keep the costs down for licensed individuals nor the student.

My only concern at this point, with over 100 e-mails asking to be put on a list to be allowed to take the course, once state approved, is I will run out of room for the first conference. If it is successful, I would be able to offer others like this to make available these courses at an extremely reasonable price,.This is a win-win situation for all.

I am confident that the state will have the applications shortly. They were able to pull off the entire licensing process for schools in a matter of 47 days, and that was and is more difficult (in my opinion) for them than approval of ce classes.

My assurances to Home inspectors in NY: I won’t take penny for a ce scheduled home inspector class, until it is officially, in writing approved with an approval code stamped to it by NYS. This should make everyone pleased and it keeps everything very simple.

If you are a Licensed Home Inspector in New York State and are interested in the program, simply call our offices 631-563-7720 or e-mail me and we will put you on a list- a no obligation list which will reserve for you a seat if the program receives the approval we anticipate. This way, we will not notify that the program was and is sold out. I would like to see NACHI members to benefit from this.

More later when I have more information…

On a side note:

I spoke with John Bowman about offering this type of educational conference in April or May in the Elmira area, such that those in this part of the state would not have to drive 3-4 hours for inexpensive ce credit. John gave me very good advise, and as soon as my classes are approved, I will proceed with the several education conferences. Again, until then, I am funding everything and will not take 1 penny from any vendor or any potential student!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bill

Hope This Latest Posting From Me Further Clarifies Our Resolve, Hope And Determination To Offer The Education Conference, Provided The State Takes Action Within The Next 90 Days!

http://www.merrellinstitute.com for updated information- We update our website 4 x weekly!

Submit to Appraisal Education Network School/Merrell Institute
1461-16 Lakeland Ave., Bohemia, NY 11716 631-563-7720

Name_____________________________________________

Phone_____________________________________________

Home Inspection License in NY Expires__________________

No program will occur unless and until NYS Approves each and
every seminar for Home Inspection CE Credit. This form’s
purpose is to simply determine the # of students we can anticipate
so we do not over or underestimate the potential enrollment. The
fee, including all sessions will be approx. 300.00, supplemented by the active inspection vendors who will be present. Those who send in this form are under no obligation to attend this program. That comes out to 50 per 4 hour seminar at a major hotel in NYS.

Signed_____________________________________ Dated_____________

Thanks to the NYS Inspectors and the local chapters who have done
a great deal to get the word out. Again, we will not take 1 dime until
such time NYS approves each seminar in conjunction with this program.
Call 631-563-7720 with any questions you may have!

All NYS NACHI Chapters will be offered Free Table/Booth Space- Prior reservations are required- Call Bill Merrell for details and information! It’s our way of thanking those chapters that have been supportive of our school activities-

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Pending NYS Dept. of State Approval, We Are Proud To Announce That Nick Gromicko Has Offered To Present An Evening Seminar On Home Inspection Marketing, For All Those In Attendance-

We Are Proud And Pleased That Nick Gromicko Will Be Our Featured Speaker At This Exciting Event!

We Will Update The Web Link Directly Once The State Approves Each Of Our Seminars. Until Then, We Will Not Accept Registrations To Make Sure That No One Receives Mis-information. This Is The Same Thing We Did Last Year When We Were Awaiting NYS Approval For Our Approved Modules. We were The 3rd Approved School In NY State.
http://www.northamericanassociation.com/homeinspectionconference.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving Nachi Members

More To Follow…

THANKS TO NICK GROMICKO FOR ADDING TO THE EXCITEMENT OF THIS EXCITING EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCE IN NYS!

educator@doctor.com to let us know you are interested in learning more- also lick on the icon to check out the web site!

NYS Mandates GL Insurance

Rates For Experienced Inspectors Average $175 To $275 Annually

Rate With No Experience $ 550-$650

Antos Agency, Terry Rd, Smithtown, Ny

Call Merrell Institute At 631-563-7720 For Agent Info

Matt Antos- NYS Licensed Insurance Rep

This Is Not E And O Or Malpractice But Rather State Mandated General Liability Insurance- 1 Million Coverage Exceeds State Mandates

Hope Everyone Had A Great Thanksgiving!

WE HAVE REQUESTED THAT ANTOS AGENCY PARTICIPATE AS A VENDOR AT OUR EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCE AS WELL- IT WILL DEFINITELY BENEFIT NACHI MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

I jumped on board with Matt the other day, great rate $$$$

Mic

Many students, grads and NACHI members have saved alot of money. I am happy he was able to tailor a rogram for NACHI members and my grads! I will take credit for working with the Antos Agency for over 20 years to date, but Matt Antos deserves all the credit in being able to get the programs approved.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Awaiting NYS Approval is a waiting game- I have had dozens of vendors waiting, the Hotel is on board for the conference, Nick will be presenting a seminar for NACHI Members marketing strategies and we have had over 150 inquiries to sign up.

Until we are approved for NYS HOME INSPECTION CE credit, we will only be taking names. We will not allow any fees to be paid! Watch this messege board for more updates.

We will be planning a similar program in the Elmira area, and thanks to John Bowman for his discussions with me regarding this mid-state conference after the kick off presentation on Long Island, NY. I will keep everyone posted!

MORE TO FOLLOW…

I plan on being present and active in both conventions. Hope to see everyone at one or the other.

Thanks John,
As I receive approvals and I finalize all the details, I will make sure you receive all information. Thank you for your input and your support!

NACHI programs capped at $ 300 for the entire ce needs will be hard pressed to beat or even meet!

We have been offering a very affordable, and comprehensive program for those who need the 140 hours to enter the field as a licensed inspector.

Keeping costs down, while not allowing quality to fail will keep NACHI on top, in New York and the rest of the USA.

Len Ungar had a great idea for offering NACHI Members even more. We will post the information next week when I am back in town. I have been active on the message board from sunny Mt. Snow, Vermont (no snow this Thanksgiving) and I will be back in town on Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend-

I am surprised that next to my name, the once green box is now gray, indicating that I have been slightly unhelpful on this message board as determined by an anonymous post.

If I have been personally unhelpful to anyone, please e-mail me and let me know how I can help. I am surprised that the unnamed person or person who gave me a less than favorable rating has not contacted me, as a fellow NACHI member should, rather than attemting to address it on the message board.

I cannot reach out to this individual by any other means since the unnamed person or persons require me to address this here.

Helpful, unhelpful, whatever. All I can do is do what I believe is right, and the best for fellow NACHI members. Many have entered the field with my help, and many have thanked me for this ability. This field is not for everyone, but it is a great career for many.

I truly hope many of you will find our March 2007 Conference a benefit to those who are Licensed in NYS. I will leave the message board posts to others, since I have received such positive responses from many fellow members and a negative anonymous mark will not cause me to withdraw my support for this industry or NACHI members.

With The Thanksgiving weekend about to end, I hope that we have all stopped, reflected and gave thanks for what we have and those we are able to call friends and loved ones.

I’ll be there. I’m a speaker at the event.

Thanks Nick:

Your presence at the event will be an asset to New York Inspectors and the industry in NY State as a whole.

Thank you for your participation. I know your schedule is busy. I also know that Inspectors will benefit from your presentation!

Thanks Again. I have posted this information on the main web link for the March 2007 Conference. We expect a large turn out for this exciting event. I am sure it will be even better with you as a special guest speaker at the dinner event!

Bill
http://www.northamericanassociation.com/homeinspectionconference.jpg

Schools in NY just received renewals for Licensing courses for Home Inspection Classes. I received mine this wek!) We were informed once this was compete, the next application forthcoming would be for ce classes. I will wait and see, and thank all the fellow NACHI members who have been patiently waiting. I will be sending out a letter to each licensed Home Inspector inviting you to the Educational Conference with a discount coupon as a NACHI member. It will also allow those who are not NACHI members to join to benefit from the discount NACHI pricing.

More to follow…