I am a new InterNACHI student and decided to join because the industry as a whole is interesting. I love the idea of being able to help a client make an educated decision for one of the largest purchases of their lives.
Since joining, I have been quietly reading through many of the forum topics and watching quite a few discussions.
One of the threads was about the average amount collected per inspection in the 2015 calendar year. As the thread progressed, more information started to flow with regard to the average spend per inspection AND the number of inspections performed. The numbers boggled my mind.
Without being rude or intrusive, are there any seasoned pros that would be willing to answer any of the following questions:
- How many inspections would you consider a ‘solid’ workload per week?
- I know it varies, but on average, how long will you spend on-site per inspection?
- How many hours, on average, will you spend writing the corresponding reports?
- How much report writing can you realistically do while on-site (maybe on a tablet)?
- In your region of the country, what would you guess the average HI takes home annually? What about the rock star inspector that works his ***** off?
- Are there operating expenses that the newbie (like me) would never have thought of?
- Is E/O Insurance expensive?
Thank you for answering!