News Flash: Shootings at Fort Hood

Shame, I knew I should have saved it for posterity

Gerry

You have more to follow Will?

Worth saving

Gerry

He screamed God is great and started shooting. Does that answer your questions?

So I guess this means he was justified in your eye right? :roll:

No of course not you pathetic little man :twisted:

I get pissed at the assumptions idiots like you make, and others spin to suit their agendas.

It’s a tragedy, and one that no doubt could have been avoided, now why don’t we all wait for the facts to come out.

Actually, he was yelling “Allah Akbar”, which means Allah is great.

Allah is not the same as G-d. Whole different concept.

The reporter said it like I did, just being politically correct I guess.

Actually, Garry, I disagree.

If a Tornado or Hurricane had struck Fort Hood and killed 13 (the current death count) and wounded 20, that would have been a tragedy.

In this case, it was an Islamo-Fascist terrorist attack. Murder.

Now watch as the MSM tries to “Spin” this as the act of a crazy person or some such. They were (and in many cases, still are) very hesitant to mention his Muslim religion and his Arabic name and the other things that are now coming out (his opposition to the war, based upon his blog postings and conversations with other Army doctors, etc.

Look, the U.S.'s first foreign war was against the “Barbary Pirates”, who were Islamic fundimentalists and were hijacking ships and taking slaves. The Brits and the French, and during Pres. Adam’s administration, the U.S. paid them tribute (i.e., bribes).

Then Jefferson changed the policy. “Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute”. Jefferson built up the U.S. Navy and took care of business.

We are fighting the same ideology.

Hey, the world is full of lunatics, Muslims, Christians & even the odd Jew :frowning:

Keep spinning though

Gerry

I agree with Gerry.

Let’s wait for facts. Less than 24 hours ago, there were reports of two accomplices.

The Army will provide the necessary details as they are confirmed as fact.

Heres my .02.

The goverment messed up. They knew about this guys radical views and thoughts! So why didnt they kick him out of the service?

My thinking is,if this wack job is thinking the way he is, you just have to wonder when he’s going to lose it.

Next thought. These soldiers are trained profesionals, so why cant they carry a side arm?

Next, kick anyone out of our goverment, our military that is muslim. Especially if they have those views. Also dont let these people into our colleges or universities!

Why arent the socalled peaceful muslims speaking out against these violent extremist!? You hear about the guy who killed his daughter because she became to westernized!!

We are diff from them and we are better than them.

If I was the commander in chief, all of our new missions would be called crusades. These people will smile at you and when you turn your back, they will kill you.

In our life time we will see England,France and probably most of Europe fall to these muslims. Do you know they have their own parliment!! Thats messed up!

My .02 on what I would do with this wack job. Let some wild pigs eat him. How great would that be:D

True.

But when was the last time you heard of a Christian, during holy week, coming out a church, being inspired by G-d to go off andf kill non-Christians.

How about Jews during The Days of Awe?

But, it seems, during Ramadahn, Muslims are very inspired to go off and kill others or to blow themselves up to kill Jews or Christians.

Sure, there were the Crusades, but that was almost a century ago.

Also, if some wacky Christian killed a bunch of people, stating that he was “inspired by G-d” to do it, most, if not all, Christians would condemn his actions.

Do you see any Muslims condemning Maj. Hasan’s actions? But there are plenty praising and rejoicing his actions.

No comparison.

But thank you for playing :mrgreen:

The two, so-called accompilices were cleared, yesterday evening.

I keep wondering, will this be tried under the UCMJ or regular, civil law?

Should be under the UMJC. They still have a death penalty.

Hope this helps;

This just in, from PBS. Maj,. Hasan listed his nationality, on both his Army and Medical License forms, as Palistinian. Yet, PBS called his parents Jordanian.

One has to remember that there has never been a Palsitinian nationality, at least not until after the '67 war, when Yassar Arafat first started it.

Not the way I see it. Here’s another one. Remember the “deranged” Egyptian born gunman who just happened to freak out on July 4th and kill 2 Israelis at the El Al ticket counter in Los Angeles in 2002. (Strange how he vented his frustration at that particular place.) The FBI says it was an isolated incident.

Here’s a great list of so-called “random” shootings in this country by guys who just so happen to be muslim.

What if a white man were to go into an NAACP meeting and start shooting the place up. Do you think the government and media might draw some obvious conclusions about the motive? Or would they call it an isolated incident by a mad man? Would the President warn the country not to jump to conclusions about motive?

What if a straight guy goes into a gay bathhouse on national queer day and shoots the place up. Do you think the media might draw some obvious conclusion? Or would they call it an isolated incident by a mad man? Would the President warn the country not to jump to conclusions about motive?

How is it that the guys who worship a book that directs them to kill infidels get a pass when they actually go out and do it?

Gerry??? Your turn.

Good points, I just didn’t want to fogg up the waters.

Maybe I should have said, “Since Mr. Obama, took office”.

Don’ty forget the Washington area snipers or the Seattle Jewish center shooting.

You made some very valid points. Why are they (the news& our pres) having such a hard time calling it what it is!!

THE GUY IS A TERRORIST!!!

Could someone correct me, but didnt obama pass a bill on hate crime? Which also states that you cannot make commets about muslims?!
O.K we have a black president now, is there really racism???
If someone kills or beats someone to death isnt that “hate”.

We should not have hate crime bills,are we not all equal? This president is creating more racial boundries.

Now I’m going off on a tangent.

We need to get rid of E.O.E !!

This is what destroyed our quality of work and poor workmanship here in America. I heard and seen too much of this b.s because a certain minority knew thatey could not get in trouble because of their skin color.

I donot care what a persons skin color is,what their sexual preference is, or religion (to an extent). You earn your credentials by hard work and ethics, not by color.

I hope people in america start waking up, our “feelings” and pathetic liberalism is killing us.

I say we need to start profiling. who cares if middle eastern people get offended!! maybe they will start acting properly in our society and if they dont like it …LEAVE!!

Went off track again…

one more thing.

Is it true in detroit that that have speakers up on poles so muslims can be called to prayer!!!

If true i want to go there and cut the cables and shoot out the speakers. Can you imagine if we went to saudie arabia and made then sound church bells at noon!!

Thanks guys…I needed to vent

Let’s imagine how the press might report this story had it occurred while GW was still in office.

Hmmm?

By ERIC GORSKI, AP Religion Writer Eric Gorski, Ap Religion Writer –

As word spread that a gunman had opened fire at Fort Hood leaving a trail of carnage, a chilling realization swept across the U.S. Muslim community: He has an Islamic name.
From a professor who just testified in Congress, to a White House adviser appearing before a Jewish group and a former Marine driving home from work, Muslims across the country were shocked, angry and afraid that the attack would erode efforts to erase anti-Islamic stereotypes.
Many Islamic leaders said the Fort Hood tragedy that left 13 dead and 30 wounded including the alleged gunman, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, could likely post the sternest test for U.S. Muslims since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
"A lot of us work very hard for this country, to make America a better place," said Muqtedar Khan, a progressive Muslim scholar who has just given Congressional testimony on U.S. foreign policy in Afghanistan before Thursday’s attack. “And this one nut like Maj. Hasan comes along and in one crazy episode of a few seconds he undermines these years and years of hard work we are doing to make American Muslims part of the mainstream in the community.”
Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, is a Muslim who attended his former mosque daily and had an “Allah is Love” bumper sticker on his car. Soldiers reported Friday that the shooter shouted “Allahu Akbar!” — Arabic for “God is great!” — during the rampage.
Other troubling details also emerged, including reports that authorities suspect Hasan posted online messages about suicide bombers and violence, was struggling with a pending deployment to Afghanistan and was being harassed in the Army for being a Muslim.
While a motive remains unclear, the confirmation of Hasan’s faith alone prompted major Muslim groups and mosques to issue statements condemning the killings as contrary to Islam and praising the service of the many Muslim Americans in the U.S. military.
Of immediate concern was security at mosques Friday, Islam’s main day of communal prayer.
In Washington, Chicago and elsewhere, mosques asked police for extra patrols. In Garden Grove, Calif., officers stood watch outside a mosque as a precaution.
**Muslim leaders warned people to be vigilant and avoid exposing themselves unnecessarily — including walking alone, **said Hussam Ayloush, director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Southern California.
“This is one of those moments where we have to sit and pray that most Americans will come out stronger, more united, and more tolerant,” said Ayloush, adding that Muslim organizations have received dozens of death threats and hate e-mail.
At the Muslim Community Center in Silver Spring, Md., which Hasan attended before moving to Fort Hood, Imam Mohamed Abdullahi urged worshippers Friday to tell their non-Muslim neighbors that Islam was not responsible for the deaths. He also advised them to keep their tempers in check.
“Whenever we hear the name turns out to be Arabic or Muslim we feel a double shock” about such incidents. “And then we worry about backlash,” said Imam Mostafa Al-Qazwini of the Islamic Educational Center of Orange County in Costa Mesa, Calif.
U.S. Rep. Andre Carson, an Indiana Democrat who is one of two Muslims serving in Congress, cautioned against focusing on the alleged shooter’s religion and instead said the discussion should be about mental health issues.
"This is no way a reflection of Islam any more than Timothy McVeigh’s actions are a reflection of Christianity," said Carson, who supervised an anti-terrorism unit in Indiana’s Department of Homeland Security and comes from a family of Marines.
Eboo Patel, the executive director of Chicago-based Interfaith Youth Core, had just spoken at a Union of Reform Judaism conference in Toronto on Thursday night when a rabbi told him: “The guy had a Muslim name.”
“I had just spoken from the tradition of Islam … on the importance of interfaith cooperation and building Muslim-Jewish bridges,” said Patel, who sits on a White House faith-based advisory board. "I wish that was viewed as reflective of Islam instead of a deranged lunatic who was acting only in the tradition of deranged lunacy, not in the tradition of any faith."

But other Muslims were weary of what has become a routine: a Muslim does something unspeakable, and Islamic organizations issue statements condemning it.
"Truth be told, we’re getting a little exhausted because we’ve done this to death," said Robert Salaam of Maryland, a former Marine who converted to Islam shortly after the 9-11 attacks and now blogs and hosts a radio show on Muslim affairs. “**We’re apologizing for people we don’t know.” **Still, driving home from work listening to the news Thursday, Salaam thought: “God, I hope it’s not a Muslim.”

I’m sorry but invoking Tim McVeigh in this context is ridiculous.

His terror bombing of the Murrah building had nothing to do with his “Christianity”

Can the same be said of Major Hasan when he is reported to have yelled “Allahu Akbar” and had known sympathies with muslim extremists?