News sites

Originally Posted By: wperkins
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I can’t seem to find any sort of inspection news sites … I noticed that inspectionnews.com is down and, I googled inspection news and get nothin. Any references?

Waylon W. Perkins

In House Inspections

www.inhouseinspections.com

Originally Posted By: rdulay

InspectionNews.com appears to be back up now. Have you checked out

Inspect America or RealtyTimes?

Here are some links:
http://www.inspectamerica.com/Home_Inspection_Library/Today_s_News/today_s_news.html
http://realtytimes.com/rtcpages/20031013_liability.htm

Regards,

Roberta Dulay
Yalia Technology Design

--
Affordable web solutions for home inspectors, including complete NACHI web sites for only $75 plus hosting. See http://www.HomeInspectionWebSite.com for more information.

Originally Posted By: dbowers

We’ve seen the Inspect America web site in the past. I’ve been told the founder may be someone who was expelled from ASHI for life.

The site gives out information that is misleading to the public. At first glance if you were a consumer reading their site it would appear that only an engineer is competent and qualified to do building inspections - BY state laws. This guy is a real joke.

Originally Posted By: rdulay

Hi Dan,

Thank you for that feedback. I came across the site, and didn't realize all that just from the look of it. What's interesting to me is that NACHI doesn't have a web site specifically targeted for home inspection news (preferably with an RSS newsfeed).

Regards,

Roberta

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

dbowers wrote:
We've seen the Inspect America web site in the past. I've been told the founder may be someone who was expelled from ASHI for life

Dan,

How does that work, I mean do you have to be an ASHI member first, or can they just confer the designation? It would be helpful to save all of those fees if possible. ![icon_razz.gif](upload://rytL63tLPMQHkufGmMVcuHnsuWJ.gif)

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: dharris

Quote:

How does that work, I mean do you have to be an ASHI member first, or can they just confer the designation? It would be helpful to save all of those fees if possible. ![icon_razz.gif](upload://rytL63tLPMQHkufGmMVcuHnsuWJ.gif)
[/quote]

Joe:
Have you ever posted any thing on HI chat boards that would make you suspect that you could be a victom of being banned for life

Originally Posted By: wperkins

I noticed, not long after my post, that inspectionnews.com was back in action. Thanks for your posts.

Waylon W. Perkins

In House Inspections

www.inhouseinspections.com