NHIE goes under. Non-profit group involuntarily dissolved by IL Secretary of State.

I could be a jerk and have their trademarks cancelled since the entity that owns them no longer exists.

But I’ll be nice ;-).

I’m going to discuss with my legal team first thing Monday morning.
Cheney, Bush, Bush and Rumsfeld

They’ll get to the bottom of this!:roll:

Why? If this is a fraud within the industry, don’t you have an obligation to the industry to point it out? I don’t think that’s being a jerk at all.

I am crafting an email to Joe Grabowy with the NJ HIAC right now including your image from the opening post. This may be the first grenade I lob toward the NJ SOP, like we discussed yesterday.

Why did you remove the link from your last post?

It looks like there is no time limit for them to get their corporation reinstated, depending on why the state chose to involuntarily dissolve them.

Maybe someone could call them and let them know they currently don’t exist. They might not even know they were dissolved.

OK time to move this thread to the NFE.

Nick writes:

James replies:

LOL. I don’t wish them any harm.

They probably didn’t file their financial reports at the state level and don’t even know they were dissolved… until now of course.

My point of this thread is to remind the industry that legislators shouldn’t be coerced into crafting specific language in home inspection legislation that makes it difficult for the regulating agency to later switch to another licensing exam if they so choose (like Florida did when it approved InterNACHI’s proctored exam last year).

The NH Secretary of State said that they have not registered in NH and that operating without registering their business in NH is a misdemeanor.

LOL.

And this is the organization that supposedly tests inspectors to make sure we are doing things properly. :roll:

What a bunch of bozos.

And they say licensing of home inspectors is needed. You are correct; any lawmaker and HI testing agency are bozos. All these people want is revenue from required testing of HI’s. They do not care if they are competent, or not.

I truly believe the only reason that A$HI pushed home inspector licensing was to sell their exam.

Joseph, I totally agree. Without Nick and InterNACHI, every state would have licensing by now, and basic minimal reports would be the norm. Our industry would then pretty much be dumbed-down, and no longer professional.

Gary, if what you say is true, how did my company inspect 430 properties in 2014 in a heavily regulated (licensed) state, with no less than a 35 page report? Some reports were 55-60 pages. What you are saying makes no sense at all.

Don’t get me wrong, I despise licensing AND E/O insurance, but it has not dumbed down the profession. Dumb inspectors dumb down the profession!

The NHIE doesn’t help or hurt the profession (other than it sucks money out of it). But it is a scam being perpetrated on our industry.

I have stated this throughout many threads on this message board. Here it is again:

Any state licensing law, rule, or regulation is a basic, bare minimum. You have to perform inspections by the rules that the state says, via their SOP’s. You do not have to go over them. Those that do, are higher in price. So, why does an REA hire the high priced inspectors, when they can get a licensed HI to do it for less? With most state HI laws, short 8 to 12 page reports are the normal result. HI’s that do longer reports are wasting their time and money. REA’s that recommend state licensed guys want the bare minimum reports per law.

REA’s that hire higher priced HI’s are the smart ones, because more detailed reports will result, and the home buyer will be better served. However, they do not have to. If you are not making $.20 per square foot, you are losing money, or performing basic, minimalist reports, to appease agents and the state HI laws.

Our profession is being lost, state by state, due to bad HI laws.

The really frustrating part is that in most states, all tradespersons, roofers, sheet rock installers, framers, etc. are not required to be licensed or have any education or insurance. Home builders should be also, but, are not. Many states have rural counties that have no AHJ or adapt building codes. IMO, it is a crime that if HI’s have to be licensed, regulated and have insurance, any repair person and home builder must also, and state wide building codes should be implemented, so that HI’s can state if a defect is truly, a defect.

Gary! Stop bloviating on a public thread! You’re making yourself look silly. I asked a specific question that you cannot answer without broad and factually inaccurate generalities.
Are you telling me that the hundreds of agents that my company worked with are different than all the other NJ agents? I also market directly to agents! I also have one more thing that may make you faint…we proudly display the CMI logo and designation on all of our marketing!
Our goal is 600+ properties this year. (notice I sad properties and not inspections) By your statistics, I will never get there because:

1. We are all over qualified
  2. We are all licensed
  3. We market to those agents that are trying to keep us down.

BTW, I have only had one agent that ever told me to hold down a report. I told him how I felt, contacted his manager about it and it is one of my most successful offices to date.

Just stating the facts here in the Midwest. These are just some of the reasons that the governor of Kansas rescinded the HI laws here. Basic, minimal reports were, and are, the norm due to basic ASHI SOP’s, which became law here in Kansas. At least, now the REA’s have a choice, but are still suggesting low cost HI’s. CMI just does not work here. In the past year I have distributed thousands of CMI placards in holders in dozens of RE offices.

I have yet to receive an inspection from any of them. Last summer I paid $200 to a local RE office with 315 agents, for “advertising”. Not one inspection.

The only way to get inspections here from over 90% of agents is to charge low prices, and create short reports. At least in my area, it is all backwards. I have never been told to “hold down” a report, because they all know not to suggest me due to my experience, detailed reports and education. So, I must only cater to the high end homes and agents, whom at this time do not have any home buyers. I hope the spring brings more business.

http://www.metrospeckc.com/newsletter

ASHI is a known diploma mill. You can join ASHI online with nothing but a valid credit card, no exam, no nothing. And diploma mill ASHI’s highest professional designation, ACI, is a consumer scam. They award it based on the passing of only one exam, the “minimum standard” (not my phrase, EBPHI’s phrase) NHIE, the very same beginner’s exam used by many states to license newbies fresh out of school. And ASHI has confirmed (I have it in writing) that the applicant need not even pass the exam again to earn ASHI’s highest professional designation. They can use the very same newbie exam they passed years ago prior to getting their new license.

Imagine if ASHI awarded a “certified race car driver” professional designation to race car drivers based on the driving test they took to get their driver’s license when they were 16 years old. ASHI is a joke… a bad joke. And they use their newbie NHIE to award their highest ACI professional designation.

The ASHI logo is the inspection industry’s symbol of shame.

They probably dissolved 1 corporation and set up another.

Joseph … Lets say a NON-profit group like ASHI may have thought if they set up a 3rd party FOR profit Corp … the test could be a money maker, especially if all their people staffed and controlled it.

Another thought is if they pushed licensure; got the early Boards stocked with ASHI members and wrote in the ASHI standards, etc … ASHI might get more members and have more clout.

Its amazing the stuff that has gone down … As most of you know Texas has about 4,000 licensed inspectors and had their own test for over 20 years. With less than 60 ASHI members in Texas, a year ago ASHI / NHIE got Texas to switch from the Texas test to the NHIE. I was at a inspectors meeting in Houston when the head of the Texas inspector advisory group was speaking. When asked WHY the switch he gave 2 main reasons. 1) For reciprocity with other states when an inspector moves (gimme a break is Texas gonna accept an inspector from Illinois with 60 hrs of education required because he’s passed the NHIE)?

1. Because he indicated the Texas test had a high failure rate SO they were not replacing the old guys that retire fast enough with new guys … AND they’d been told there was a better pass ratio on the NHIE. Ain’t that a hoot?

Taking a test to be a driver gets you a driver’s license, and makes you a good driver.

Taking counseling and getting a marriage license makes you a good spouse.

Taking a test and classes and getting a haircut license makes you the best hairdresser in the business.

Taking any national test for home inspections, and getting a license, makes you the best home inspector.

To be a doctor or engineer, you have to go to college for years, work an internship, take years of tests, all to get certified.

Which do we want our industry to do?