Nick - Agreement for Review

But specific comments do? I would get rid of the adjective “general” and just make it “Any comments about…”

Also, they aren’t comments about… “of the written report.” Get rid of the words “of the written report”

Also, change “informal only…” to “offered as a courtesy only…”

I also don’t like the word “an”(next to last word) because it isn’t true. Don’t you mean “this Inspection?”

I’m done. Tons missing from your agreement too. I’m going to take a wild guess and say that you had a lawyer who knows little or nothing about the inspection industry author your agreement for you.

Final Note: I’m not an attorney, I just play one on this message board. :wink:

Does Nachi have a “standard” form?

Yes. In www.nachi.org/documents.htm

If you have thick skin and want me to comment on your inspection agreement, just post it by starting a new thread.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Nick you should be an attorney… Great job. I like seeing how you work through these agreements. By chance is there a list of good lawyers out there?? maybe a list by states or states that they can practice in would help some of these guys?

I find that having your agreement reviewed by a good attorney usually results in your agreement being weakened. Attorneys simply don’t have an understanding of the issues because they might only have to look at an inspection agreement once in their entire career. Many members have their attorneys call me to explain what’s wrong with their suggestions. I’ve never had a situation where their attorney didn’t end up agreeing with me.

Thanks Nick