Nick and NACHI did it again

Originally Posted By: mcraig
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I was sitting here in the office thinking about a reason to stay with NACHI. I had a good year so far but I had a hard strugle trying to get NACHI accepted by Realtors this year.

Then the damn phone started ringing one right after another Realtor calling me to thank me for the Mouse pads and to give me a refurral while they had me on the phone.

I turned the Mouse pad list over to you guys around 9 months ago and had forgot about it and wrote it off. I can’t remember all the names on the list but NACHI is on the map in the Phoenix area now. I now am getting business from all the Independent Realtors in my area.

OK Nick you win I will stay with NACHI (I have to I am the NACHI guy to a good portion of my area now) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Good for you Mike icon_cool.gif. Realtors bugging you about affiliations? I’ve never been asked in 2 years. Perhaps it’s the gray hair…

Erol

Originally Posted By: gbell

Hey Michael,

I had the same experience. I sent in a list over a year ago, started receiving thank you calls this week. I know that all of us get discouraged with things here some times. Just try to remember that we are all working for the same purpose.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: dharris

Michael: That’s Good News. After your last post I was getting the feeling that I was the lone ranger as far as speaking up for the Phx area, not to mention thinking that nick may have to buddy up with me to get nachi represented and off the ground here.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Arizona seems to be one tough state for the HI industry. Rules, regulations, ASHI vs. NACHI… Less than a year ago, I read a post from an ASHI guy who said there is a shortage of inspectors out there. That’s why I’m surprised about fussy realtors and their inspector selection BS.

Erol Kartal
Campaign Manager For Dan Harris, NACHI President Elect. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Quote:

Erol Kartal
Campaign Manager For Dan Harris, NACHI President Elect.

That may be a little difficult to get the required 2nd
Before we start a full blown campaign Lets check with my buddy Joe F and see if he's willing to 2nd it

A year ago there were something like 350-400 inspectors certified here, the latest count was something like 700 plus, sounds like there is plenty for all with the new construction and resales combined, I heard it would take apx. 1,000 state wide to meet the demand at current growth

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Charlie don’t surf.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Nick Charley Who??

See if anyone recognizes the quote and how it pertains to NACHI coming into AZ.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I never heard the statement Charley don’t surf, But if you say so, I was just checking as I thought maybe you were loosing it

Originally Posted By: bbernier

Nick:

Are you going to do a www.InspectorSEEK.com mouse pad for Canadian realtors? If so I would like to personally submit a huge list for you to mail them to. I was going to ask you about that Thursday night while you were here but we didn't get much time to talk. By the way Nick....you rock! My phone didn't stop ringing all day Friday with people telling me how impressed they were with your NACHI pep rally. You and Lorne Steiner should go on tour together. Take care Nick.

C. Brett Bernier CHI
Fraser Valley Home Inspections
British Columbia
Home of Western Canada's First NACHI Chapter!

Originally Posted By: bhendry

“Charlie don’t surf” is from the movie Apocalypse Now.

AZ is hostile territory.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

I thought the quote was “Gooks don’t surf”

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Deleted… icon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

[
Quote:
quote="ekartal"]Arizona seems to be one tough state for the HI industry. Rules, regulations,

From prior posts of az inspectors that may be perceived of many, But looking at other states requirements I view az as 1 of the easier states to meet requirements and get the minimum certification required, from talking to the guys that participate and volunteer to help the process, one of the biggest items that delay processing is verifying if reports meet standards and passing the required exam

There are comments posted here that az may or may not be unfair to nachi members, Whether right or wrong , I haven't seen that.

From what i've seen there are ways all applicants can assist all involved committed to speed up the sometimes lengthy process

Following comments are based on observations and is not anything official

I get 3-4 requests a month from guys that completed the min. 80 hr. approved training, requesting help obtaining the required 30 parallel inspections, most of them admit that have not recieved any training on how to fill out a inspection report, not to mention knowing whats required, and that they do not have a reporting system to use when doing there parallel inspections

I would encourage students that complete the courses that do not include report writing , demand this information from the school, with out report writing info your training is not worth much,
additionally I suggest performing mock inspections and request a impartial review of your sample reports, prior to going along on parallel inspections.
[ I personally offered unbiased unofficial pre review of reports to several over the past year and to date nobody took advantage of my offer]

The inspectors that review reports are volunteers and have a limited time and do this after hours after completing 2-3 inspections a day, or week ends [ I believe it was stated 30 days] to return reports to the btr.

Utilize the btr provided check list on what's required on your reports, identify where each item is addressed on your sample report, it does help the reviewer to clarify if you meet standards quicker and also is a big help to you the inspector to identify what is required,
If the verifier cannot locate required item[s], your report will be returned for correction and possibly adding another 30-60 plus days to the process

Todd A mentioned that his reports were approved the 1st time, I do not know if Todd utilized the btr form but I did and mine were also approved the 1st time,

I've heard that on several occasions inspectors failed the required state exam several times, There are exam prep courses offered here, 2 or more times a year, taking advantage of them are not only helpful in passing the test but also provide very helpful additional inspection training/ info.
Hopefully this will help all, any other suggestions are welcome

jburkeson wrote:
gromicko wrote:
See if anyone recognizes the quote and how it pertains to NACHI coming into AZ.

I love the smell of 'branding' in the morning!

Ahhh but Joe, for less than the cost of 1 cup of coffee in the morning it's a great smell along with the extra $$$$s

Originally Posted By: chorne

Maybe that’s good news that my list is up soon!

Joe Burkeson got it. icon_lol.gif It is from the movie Apocalypse Now. The character played by Robert Duval has the right attitude for individual NACHI members who are penetrating new local markets.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Michael Craig and Greg Bell… you guys got some big compliments from REALTORs this week: http://www.nachi.org/thankyou.htm

Everything above the blue ************* line came in just recently. Piles more to post.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: mcraig

Nick this is a great idea to post some of the thank you’s sent to NACHI from Realtors so all the membership can see that there is an impact in marketing for NACHI (even in a tough area like AZ) everyone needs to get out and hussel it helps your business and if you do a good job it helps NACHI too. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif