Nick built the NACHI house....at the ITA Marketing Meeting!

Thank you Tom.

Looking at this post, I had thought it was referring to you.
Keep driving on.

Nick,

Should anyone ever ask you… This is what a real certification looks like. :stuck_out_tongue:

Greg and Joe
You have got to get off your collective soap boxes.
Larry

You call it a soap box

I call it raising the bar.

To each his own.

When I clicked on your referenced site I got this:

Couldn’t find a certification exam for home inspectors.

Tom, you will be welcomed to visit the Pensacola area any time. If fact, we have our monthly meeting of the Northwest Florida Home Inspectors Association scheduled for next Thursday morning and you are invited to attend. You will meet some great inspectors such as Doug Edwards, Harold Weise and others. We also invite and encourage our vendors to attend our meetings. We like our vendors. If we didn’t we wouldn’t ask them to join our association.

Nick, the invitation is extended to you as well.

Larry, I gather you are addressing the other Joe.

Yeah, it appears that the search criteria is temporary and that ICC does not want people linking to their site in this manner.

Go here and type in … Burkeson in the Name box, it comes right up.

As far as soapboxes goes. I have a somewhat higher soapbox to stand on than most people do when it comes to talking back to the merchants of fear. :mrgreen:

I would like to thank those, on and off their soap boxes. For, well, everything.

Thank you so much!

I would really like to take the credit for stopping CMI (no experience required) from becoming an all encompassing Borg-like force within our profession, but alas the freeze CMI has experienced is far beyond my limited power to effect change on that scale.

It is not my rally-monkey like tactics that have slowed its adoption and has stymied our Founders attempts to free CMI from the quagmire of controversy that surrounds it. Au contraire, CMI’s current condition rests on the total lack of respect it has received from the greater home inspection profession and the refusal of the true “masters” of our profession to acknowledge this certification above garbage status.

Just one look at the board of directors and then at those who “the board” deems worthy to hold the certification tells a story that needs little explanation, until December 31, 2006 the board is willing to look the other way, any education is acceptable, just make a small contribution of a $175 and you too can sport this new designation.

It is my hope and belief that until there is a mandatory experience clause adopted CMI will remain outside of the accepted and accredited practices acknowledged as worthy by our profession.