Nick evades questions/comments!!

Good morning Brian.

I see you just can’t let it go. Sad.

Maybe you should concern yourself with your own business in stead of NACHIs

2 minutes…!!!

When the bargain basement association without rigorous and defendable requirements is operating in my backyard, it is my business.

Ask Nick why 50-100 INACHI operating HI’s in BC had to backpedal, join other associations in order to keep working. Luckily they had about 1.5-2 years to do so…INACHI nor MICB certification was not accepted there!!

Do you know how to use the quote button Brian and or fix your post so it looks right?

Pay attention.

I would think you would have learned that after 4,000 posts. :roll:

Brian,

You once said you were offered a membership to NACHI where you could have bashed to your hearts content on the entire board.

Why didn’t you take it?

Picky! Picky! Michael. It has worked in previous posts…Have a look and find something substantial to ***** about!!

Like you?

That was too easy.

Can’t you see when you are stepping in it?

All I hear from you is whining which is probably a reflection of you inability to control things to your liking.

What do you think you are accomplishing here?

Isn’t it obvious that few give a rats rear end what you say?

Are you saving anyone from anything?

A former regular excellent poster and long term inspector told me about a way to obtain a free membership…but not only that:

Can’t be bought or cajoled by the heads of orgs, the powerful, etc!!

In 1992, I walked away from the IAQ/air balancing sudsidiary firm I had set up and was managing for a mechanical engineering company…a poisoned atmosphere- with the owner, if you weren’t white and male, you were second class and there were issues over billing methods that bordered on unethical/fraud!

All you have to do is simply provide proof that someone who claims to be a CMI has not met the written qualifications.

There should be a ton of proof if it is not “rigorous”. If the listed CMI’s have indeed met the qualifications required, then that is it’s own defense…:mrgreen:

Anything other than proof is just conjecture. The burden of proof is on you.

I’m waiting.

90% of our industry wash out in the first 3 years. Of the remaining 10% who stay in business, only a fraction qualify for CMI.

CMI was never designed for explosive growth. The few who have it, are glad others do not have it and are grateful that there is enough money in MICB bank acct. that they do not have to pay for any yearly dues.

You cannot market the CMI designation to the general public because it was not designed for them. It was designed for a limited few and as the years go by, with increases in it’s price tag and conditions, it will be limited for even a smaller number.

We who have it, like it that way. Others do not have it and we do. Most CMI’s hope no one in their local area ever gets it, other than them. Having more CMI’s in our local area is not something we look forward to.

As others mock it, we quietly hope they never change their mind… LOL. Let those who qualify for it come.

As the average consumer looks through the huge number of choices for home inspectors in their area, the CMI stands head and shoulders above his competition. He has a respected third party endorsement of his experience and education levels that are very respected in the eyes of the consumer. When the consumer hears the words… “CERTIFIED MASTER INSPECTOR”… their search for someone they can trust is over. If some home inspector cannot see the value in that, then that is their problem, not mine. It works for me, and that is all that matters at my house.

Those who spend year after year coming to Nick’s house, to mock Nick, make themselves look small. The longer Nick allows them to keep coming into his house the more he looks bigger for allowing them the grace to act stupid. It is a sign of power to show mercy to little people.

It’s kinda like God allowing you to continue in your sins. It’s not a sign of weakness on his part if HE is now using you as an example to prove his point.

Are you going to say that you did not want your CMI designation along with INACHI “certification” to be accepted in British Columbia as Nick claimed?

BC is the first and only province in Canada to take a stab at HI regulation in any meaningful manner…anyone with CMI/ INACHI certifications only can not legally inspect homes in BC!! This left a number of “certified” members scrambling, having to join other associations/pass exams/etc.

Why didn’t MICB or INACHI get into the BC process to help their paying Canadian members? (note: Nick claims INACHI is growing faster here!!) Is it because you both knew that the designations are weak and not rigorous nor defendable in a stringent regulatory regime.

BTW, can someone legally inspect in Texas with only either of CMI or INACHI certification?

Gee It tickles me to see Brian so worried About BC ,Ontario,Texas,and all the Inspectors in his home Province get talked about , CAHPI Atlantic ( he used to be a member ).
I wonder why he does not start with his home Province and get all Homies in NOVA Scotia on his side .
I have not seem any one from the east coast say any thing good about him .
I wonder are they all please he is trying to Convert all the Inspectors in North America at once .
I wonder is there any buildings in Jones town he could use as a vacation Conversion Ground .
He might have more success then the Last guy Jimmy did

Please change the title of this thread to read…

**Brian evades questions/comments!! **:mrgreen:

Brian… here it is again…

All you have to do is simply provide proof that someone who claims to be a CMI has not met the written qualifications.

There should be a ton of proof if it is not “rigorous”. If the listed CMI’s have indeed met the qualifications required, then that is it’s own defense…:mrgreen:

Anything other than proof is just conjecture. The burden of proof is on you.

I’m waiting.

Don’t wait for me!! Have you not been listening to your own members who question/chide/laugh at the CMI designation?

Man…you are the poster child for “blinders”!!

If those listed on the CMI site have indeed met the written qualifications then their is no proof that some of them are fakes or the system is allowing non qualified people in the door. This is my defense.

I rest my case. You have failed to prove your claims. So far, all have failed to provide one single example as proof. Conjecture is not allowed as evidence.

BTW… we all knew you had no proof from the start…:mrgreen:

I can help you Brian. I don’t know where you are from but in the U.S. and Canada, only governments issue government licenses. It is the same for Texas and BC too.

If you are in BC and need approved classroom courses for your BC license visit CanNACHI. They are approved by the BC government to help with licensing and Nick is on their Board of Directors.

Then once you get licensed by BC come join InterNACHI. We offer many many benefits for home inspectors www.nachi.org/benefits

Then once you get 1,000 home inspections under your belt you can become a Certified Master Inspector www.certifiedmasterinspector.org

I hope that helps.

It is obvious the professor does not understand the concept of ownership. The Master inspector association owns “CMI” and has trademarked it. As the owner they have the right to decide how CMI is used and who can use it. I have the right to use CET because ASET owns the CET trademark and ASET decides who can use the CET. The same applies to MD, P.Eng, Dr., etc. All these Trademarks are owned by associations and that association decides how, who or what it is used for.

The government grants the trademark but does not decide how it is used. That is the province of the owner.

Wow, I would have guessed at least 2 Janitors. :mrgreen:

Brian,
If you no longer wish to be recognized
just stop posting…
what is the question?

I was a union Janitor making over $35,000 back in 1979 with free 2,000 sq ft apartment and free medical/dental to go with paid vacations so I would not laugh to hard at Janitors as they sometimes make a better living than most.