NJ

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.state.nj.us/sci/Release2.pdf

Mike P.

Originally Posted By: Phillip R. Hinman

Mike,

I did not see other posts regarding this issue. Do you have a specific reason why you posted this notice?

I am from NJ and am part of the contruction code community

Thanks,

Phil

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Phil,

Are you taking this personally? HE HE HE ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Joe M,

Absolutely!!!! HEE HEE back!

While sitting in HI class I heard the Code Officials slammed on a daily basis!

After catching the instructor in several easy traps he stopped or at least thought about his wording. One picture illustrated a piling notched to receive a girder supporting a second floor. The girder was overhanging the notch at the most a 1/2". It was a 3 leaf girder.

And I quote "Can you believe the local building inspector approved this?" I only asked how he knew that the inspector in fact did approve it. Reluctantly he said he didn't know that it was in fact approved!

I also asked him if how he knew whether the slight overhang was a structural issue since the bearing requirement is based on the load. Did he know the load and the corresponding requirement? No answer was forthcoming!

This is why I was always in the corner with a dunce cap on!

Thanks,

Phil

PS Joe, 1/28/04 and I'm buyong your dinner

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Phillip:

I see you just joined NACHI. Welcome aboard. I'm buying YOUR dinner.

Nick

Phil,

No can do the meeting on 1/28 it is my daughters birthday. Do you do them monthly? Like next month? Maybe a NACHI meeting!

Hey, I know about the code official thingy, I was just razzing you! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Joe,

I can take the razzing and you will find that I can dish it out!!!

Meetings are the last Wednesday of the month typically. Next month we have a joint meeting with another chapter on Feb 11th.

Looking forward to the organization and good natured mental gymnastics!

I hope to meet you soon! Where do you attend NACHI meetings. We are not that far apart geographically?

I still am curious though about this thread. Here in Jersey the DCA is being questioned if not investigated about many issues including the website issue in this thread and how inspectors manage to do a good job when they are listed as inspectors in 6-8 municipalities. DCA has not been able to control this problem.

Thanks,

Phil

PS- Do you think I'm a real person because I joined? For $289 I could still be having a lot of cheap fun!

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks

Phil

Just for general info.

I would hope that if someone saw something on Ohio that they would let me know.

Maybe a topic for "General State Info" would be better.

Mike P.

Mike,

Gotcha!

I thought maybe there were some issues you knew about

Thanks,

Phil

Phil,

Maybe you are just having some cheap fun, who knows! From your recent posts I believe we are all playing on the same field here.

It would be nice to meet you, however the meetings that I attended were in NY. I have not attended in a while because of personal commitments but I could certainly make the one next month, if you are up for it.

Nice speaking with you Phil.

Joe Myers