Not so humorous link!

Originally Posted By: rwills
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

As you can see by viewing the message posted at InspectionNews regarding the link to Joe Kelly, it is not as humorous as others may think! It should be apparent that an national org. with a promising future such as ours should not conduct such unprofessional deeds such as this as it only appears to hinder rather than help us in any way. Just the fact alone that anyone can visit the board and find such jargon is embarrasing and demeaning to all PROFESSIONAL members. Allowing this type of foolishness will only result in the last laugh being on us. There is no room on a professional org. message board for such childish terms as “chickened out”. The fact that they refused to debate spoke for itself. By the way, The same page as this link also says “Message Board open to all” (as in potential clients)…Thanks, Just My Humble but Professional Opinion…Response welcome.

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

I would have to agree with you, Bob. I also think it demeans NACHI’s perception in the eyes of other Home Inspectors.

PHIC's actions speak for themselves, not just here but on the ASHI board as well.

Brian's statement about why the debate didn't take place, spoke plenty about the willingness of both individuals to participate in a debate. In addition, the fact that Brian is clearly unbiased made his statement stand stronger. A simple statement as an additional post to Brian's would have served to bring Brian's message back to the top of the dated list.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Let it be known here and now. I will not stop messing with Joe Kelly until he formally apoligizes to Nick and the rest of this membership. Joe Kelly has sat atop his pole and looked down for long enough. The only way for other inspectors to know what really happened is up to our membership to inform them.

Sorry for offending you folks.

Joe Myers

Joe, Mess with him all you want, all were saying is not at the expense and professionalism of NACHI. Anyone in their right mind wont take our org. serious if they come on line and find childess rhetoric like this. When he refused the debate with Nick tells everyone they’re wrong. Silence sometimes speaks louder than words. Before we damage NACHI I would 1- reomve the link from the “What’s up” page, a statement that he refused debate says it all! 2- I would ask you to strike the message on InspectionNews regarding the link beacause it’s only going to promote negativity toward NACHI. We need to get these guys for us not against us. There are other ways to mess with JK…Sincerely, Bob

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

It’s not informing them that hurts NACHI Joe. That can help.

The method of informing them is also important in how they perceive NACHI.

Ok,

Since no one took the humor in the post that I posted on the other BB I deleted the topic.

Joe Myers

Thanks Joe, Just don’t want to see them laughing at us for sticking our foot in our mouth. They didn’t want the debate because they’re wrong and they know it. They know we’re coming! and coming strong. Quote from a great movie. " You tell’em I’m comin’, and I’m bringing hell with me!"

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

ASHI’s Joe Kelly continues to badger our membership and affiliates using our own web-site to gather their contact information. I was taking it lightly when I linked him to the image of a chicken after “chickening-out” of the ASHI/NACHI online debate. I will remove the chicken but will eventually replace it with an entire page of copies of the emails (on ASHI letterhead) he frantically sends to OUR membership. I don’t want to be unprofessional, so say goodbye to our cute chicken. However, I think everyone should see what ASHI does to other private associations. If this is the level of professionalism ASHI practices in public, I’d hate to see what they do behind the scenes. I’ll try to build “Look what ASHI does to the industry” section next month. Since ASHI chicked-out, OOOPS I mean backed-out of debate we should at least post the emails they wrote, the contents of which are far more unprofessional than a chicken.

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Nick

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!!!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Nick,

I apoligize for the thoughtless act that I am certainly guilty of. I for one thought it was cute, I got a good laugh! ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

As the other members have so often pointed out, I would certainly hope that you point this more towards the individual(s) that are responsible and by all means include their crudentials which shows what kind of people they have for membership.

Joe Myers

Nick, Now you’re fighting fire with fire! Excellent idea on posting the emails. That’ll show how desperate they are to rule the territory and the greed for money! Maybe it’ll even wake up some of their own members who visit here. I’ll be glad to forward the email I got, let me know where to send the scare tactic email they sent us so you can post it. I printed out copies for my attorney in case I need them for future use…BW

I had a personal conversation with ASHI’s attorney. She told me that ASHI’s position is that Joe Kelly is acting on his own even though his email address contains “ASHI.” It looks like they are going to hang him out to dry, so our law suit is not going to be against ASHI. We are only naming Mr. Kelly (personally) as a defendent in the law suit. If you have received any communication from him, please contact me.

Nick

Nick,

Has ASHI done anything to stop him? They could have told him to stop using the ASHI name and/or logo in this mailing.

Just a thought!

Joe Myers

No. ASHI sanctions his actions thru their silence. They support his actions by permitting the continued use of the ASHI logo on his email slams and hard-copy letterhead. Here is my thinking. ASHI’s life blood is membership dues. NACHI can operate forever without relying on dues. ASHI members can’t pay their dues if we are getting all the inspection work. Nearly all work comes from real estate agents. The entire real estate industry is going on-line (even signatures). So long as we sew up the internet, ASHI members will get less work. This has already occurred in PA where ASHI members are singing the blues as we eat their lunch. I certainly never intended (unlike Joe Kelly) to hurt individual ASHI inspectors, but we must cut-off their funds if they’re going to use those funds to support terrorism withing the industry. NACHI needs (and is acquiring) control of inspection work derived from the two main sources: Real estate and internet. Let ASHI guys spend their hard earned money on yellow page ads and ASHI fees.

Nick