Notebooks

Originally Posted By: kbliss
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Joe

What I meant to say is what repot system do you use?

Kurt Bliss

Joe

I meant report system not repot.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Kurt,

That is the report system I use, Microsoft Word XP. Nice thing is that you can use it to print the report the way you want it too.

I do not use third party software for my reports. If you think about it basically all the other third party software is a word processor that lets you place predefined fields into a new word processor document. Right?

Joe Myers

Joe,

Ya I know what you mean, and i too will probably do the same down the road when I have more experience. It must have taken a little bit of time to make your own? Im sure its worth it and probably faster to do a report because its all your own doing.

Kurt Bliss

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Kurt,

It took me a year to make up the report format I currently use. The hardest part was thinking how I should do it. For that reason alone I think it is well worth it to take a look at all the software that is out there. You should decide the how and what(s) before you start creating the templates or you will never seem to get through it.

I would not say it is that much of a time saver. I still include "house" specific comments which are added and formated as I type the report. It generally takes me 3 to 4 hours per report.

Using the report software does have advantages and disadvantages. This would pretty much be a personal preference from my standpoint as to which would suit the individuals needs.

Joe Myers