Now accepting Defect Pictures for April

Yes, you are correct. Senior 55+ apartment building. Draw inspection.

Picture #1 was taken February 6th. The second picture March 14th.

Notice anything missing in the second pic? :shock:

Here’s more clue’s… :wink:

DSCI0015.JPG

DSCI0015.JPG

DSCI0020.JPG

DSCI0017.JPG

DSCI0013.JPG

DSCI0027.JPG

Yes, I see it now, they had a fire and re-built. Was hard to see in the snow not knowing what we are looking at.

Are you posting this as a defect or just our viewable pleasure?
:slight_smile:

Actually, was not rebuilt yet. Waiting for insurance and court to settle.

The first pic was my view beginning of February. When the Bank sent me back in March, according to the Bank the second story was 90% complete and was about to connect with the other wing. When I arrived, it took me a minute to figure out what was wrong (heavy snowfall the week before). Imagine my surprise to see only charred timbers remaining. Idiots left the heaters running all night. The contractor nor the insurance company bothered to report the incident to the Bank. Now I know why I couldn’t reach the Owner or PM for an appointment. They left town for “a few weeks”!

I posted the pic’s for fun and a “you never know what you’ll see (or not)”. Use them if you need or want. Up to you.

Wow! was the Bank surprised or was the Contractor just cut on his requisition?:slight_smile:

Any more good pictures?:slight_smile:

Yes, I lifted the rug. But only because I felt a slight depression in the floor. My report narrative:

An area of minor wood deterioration and/or slight void in the wooden flooring substructure was found on the kitchen floor beneath the textile rug. Recommendation: A good, quality caulk (white silicone would work best for this application) should be applied to the affected areas to stabilize the flooring materials and then recovered by the rug.

Realtors love my reports;-)

4x4 floor joists cut and spliced with 2x4’s with a gap in between

Sorry Haytham, only Members can post pictures.
No problem, just join Inachi. ;):slight_smile:

They were going to install a big beautiful picture window, so they cut out the framing, left the brick in place & were ready to receive the window.

When the window arrived & it was the wrong size. So they just framed up the hole & stuck a clock on the brick, put an awesome antique train in at the bottom & called it a day.

there is a main electrical shut off under this waterfall

cellphone 11 15 12 444.jpg

cellphone 11 15 12 443.jpg

some great pictures…

Place the image here Marcel?

How many can you submit?

Now you were drinking when you took that shot. Come on now. Fess up:)
Either you or the clock were drunk.:wink:

Robert, if that is a Defect, please explain what the defect is.

I allow 1-3 pictures per defect submission and one submission per month to allow others to participate. :slight_smile:

17 pictures so far and limit is 24 so post now to make the Poll for best Defect Picture for this Month. :slight_smile:

It appears to be convection.
I can not see if the opening is glazed, as a picture but I do see insulation.
I can not say for sure.
Without a lie I had a clock like that during my drinking days. I was know to bend my wrist and my bother bought me a clockvery similar.

sorry if I disturbed your thread Marcel.

Now I see what had happened.
I did not understand the explanation at first.

I have been on brick walls myself now and then. as yourself Marcel. its been three years now and my memory is fading a bit. When they get direct sun light they can burn a well calloused hand. I have dropped many a pound working a mason line and wall for 8 plus hours and do not miss it one bloody bit.

Having never seen or imagined the other side of the wall if it was one wythe or veneer, that picture says a thousand words. Its hot on that side tooooo.

Now IMO the antique train on the bottom should be removed.

I hope I am close.

Submit your Defect Pictures here for this month, I will be posting a poll in a few days. :slight_smile:

Sure wish I had a better pic. This plastic tube ran from the condensate drainage pump up to and friction fit on to a half inch cpvc pipe. that cpvc pipe was jammed into another plastic tube and attached to copper tubing and then they even put in a small trap before heading back up to another connector about a couple inches long and the other end was fit over a threaded six inch nipple which was screwed into a drilled and threaded hole in the existing drain pipe. I thought it was a rather clever mickey mouse setup and since it was drainage and obviously low pressure, I did not make much of a stink about it but pointed it out as a rather unorthadox setup

DRAIN.jpg

most expensive deficiency to date
she wouldn’t start

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=64036&stc=1&d=1365595148