Now here's a boycott I can get behind

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/nation/16071103.htm

I was going along with you on this one, Joe, until I read: “three of the men [Muslims] had only one-way tickets and no checked baggage.” That certainly made me think twice. Sitting on a plane with no chance to strike back? I would have probably made a detour to the nearest bar or Starbucks, and “accidentally” missed that flight.

Actually, what I meant to imply was that I am in favor of all Muslims boycotting all airlines. Especially the ones to which I give my custom.

Sorry for the confusion.

What exactly did US Airways do wrong? What part of Islam gives these guys the right to act out in this apparent suspicious manner with impunity? Several US Air employees and others weighed the situation and determined a course of action they felt was warranted. I support their decision based on the information provided so far and would even go so far as to fly US Airways in lieu of other airlines if given the opportunity. Joe…these comments/questions are not aimed at you, they are rhetorical.*

US Airways acted correctly. You are misreading my point.

I want Muslims to boycott airlines. So I am behind Muslims boycotting all airlines.

Get it??

Joe, now I’m with you, one hundred percent.

Joe, did you not read the last sentence of my post? I’m not questioning nor disagreeing with you. Get it???

"Nihad Awad, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said he hoped the incident would “raise awareness… that praying as a Muslim and flying as a Muslim should not trigger any fear and any prejudice.”

Of course not. Muslims would never do something like, uh, blow something up. Would they? :shock:

Another thing to be thankful for: I’m not a peace loving Muslim that everyone looks sideways at because of the radical Muslims.

I’m not saying I don’t agree with you to a point, but the liberal in me is mad at me for thinking so.

It is well past time for the “peace loving Muslims” - and will one of them please identify himself? - to start looking sidelong at the radical ones and subjecting them to Islamic justice.

I’m not holding my breath, however. In the meantime, keeping them off of planes seems like an idea whose time has come.

Sieg Heil, Joe.

Quote:
US Airways declined yesterday to honor the group’s tickets or allow them to buy new ones\:D/ , saying their payment for Monday’s flight had been refunded.
Shahin eventually booked flights on Northwest :|.)Airlines**.
End Quote:

The idiots on Northwest Airlines should be fired!

“Sieg”, in this battle, is a long way off, unfortunately.

I always find this argument interesting. If they are peace loving Muslims, they are probably not inclined to go kill the radicals (that would not be peace loving).

While it would be nice for them to stand up and say these people are not my people, maybe they are and we just do not hear them over all of the shouting of the radicals. They may also not want to identify themselves because they know it will not do any good. Most Americans will still consider them “evil Muslims”.

No one is asking them to go kill the radicals. We are quite capable of doing it ourselves. What we are asking them to do is stand up and condemn these radicals as a corruption of Islam, if in fact it is. I’m not so sure.

That’s an absurd statement and an insult to most Americans.

Let one of them stand up to these radicals and watch how Americans rally around him.

From a Post by Wendy F. Entitled “Why We Fight”
I should note that she did a “Cut & Paste” of someone else’s article. I found the article to be “interesting” but in some instances flawed.

QUOTE:
WE REJECT, as a self-serving power grab by the least trustworthy elements of our own side, the theory that terrorist depredations can be effectively prevented by further restrictions on the right of free speech, or the right of peacable assembly, or the right to bear arms in self-defense; and we strenuously oppose police-state measures such as the imposition of national ID cards or airport-level surveillance of public areas;
END QUOTE:

Joe,
I think that the imposition of National ID Cards is long over due.
This would certainly help thin the ranks of, and possible help to lead to the capture of terrorists, and illegal aliens who roam our country freely and with apparent impunity.

I strongly disagree with this person’s point of view and I believe that airport surveillance us a GREAT idea and should not only be continued, but enhanced!

After passengers reporting hearing anti American comments, American Airways had every right to expel the “6-suspicious Arabic Men” most especially those with one way tickets and no luggage.

Had these safe guards been in place prior to 9/11 maybe the murders of THOUSANDS of our innocent men, women, and children could have been prevented.

Better safe than sorry!

I have no objection to a national ID card. I already have one which I need to leave and get back in the country and do not understand the civil liberties argument against it.

It would certainly make it a lot easier to identify and deport the illegals in this country.

As for airport surveillance, the more the better.

Well, we’ll have to disagree on that one. If the insulted Americans would stand up to the biggoted ones, maybe the moderate Muslims will stand up to the radicals.

If you haven’t seen a moderate Muslim yet, you haven’t looked very far or have only looked next to the radicals.

No one can deny that a lot of harm has been done in the name of Islam, but what other religion hasn’t had similar problems? I’m Catholic, but I am not proud of a great deal of our history.

Now, that’s an interesting argument, thanks anonymous.